World's First Chromebase All-in-One Desktop with a Touchscreen

World's first ultra-neutered touchscreen all in one, great...

I totally understand the appeal of Chromebooks. I do not get the Chromebase at all, or who its customers would be.

I totally understand the appeal of Chromebooks. I do not get the Chromebase at all, or who its customers would be.

They're taking a page out of Apple's playbook. "If you build it, they will come."

I cannot for one second understand the appeal of touchscreen desktops. Touchscreens are fine for portable devices too small and/or impractical to support full keyboards and/or mice, but on a desktop, give me a nice, high dpi laser mouse any day--far easier & faster to use than moving my entire arm in circles all day just to press index-finger hotspots on my 27" screen, swiping, etc.--and it quickly becomes physically impossible for those folks using 50" & up televisions for monitors (close up you couldn't reach the whole screen while seated, and when the big set is ~5 feet away for proper viewing, you can't reach it, either...;)) Desktop touchscreens are far inferior to the status quo, imo...and touchscreen keyboards haven't a snowball's chance in Hell of displacing full-size keyboards...ugh!

All-in-One?
Guess that means when it's obsolete in a couple years you get to dispose of it All-at-Once.

It's bad enough with laptops, but I see no reason to ever spend money on a desktop that can't be upgraded.

I'm actually looking forward to this. It's exactly what I've been waiting for to use in our digital signage project at work. This Chromebase will make a perfect touchscreen kiosk in our different buildings on campus. We're running RiseVision for our signage software, and it integrates great with Chrome OS.

They're taking a page out of Apple's playbook. "If you build it, they will come."

Apple's operating systems are very capable for the platform they are on. Additionally if go "all in" with the Apple eco-system you get a great user experience that will satisfy most users. You could go balls deep in the Google eco-system and I think you would still be very hard pressed to find Chromebook a satisfactory experience.

It's a "work in progress". And I say that as an owner of a Chromebook.

Show me someone who thinks a $1300 Pixel Chromebook is MORE practical and useable then a $1300 Apple laptop (choose any model). Even Anandtech had to pick it's words to say it sucked without saying it sucked.

They still do not have Android apps running natively in Chrome OS. You would have thought this would have been integrated from the get go....

They still do not have Android apps running natively in Chrome OS. You would have thought this would have been integrated from the get go....

Maybe it's because of the fact that ChromeOS and Android are two completely different OSes with different goals for each.

Nah, it couldn't be THAT obvious, could it?

Back