• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

World War Xeon! Or, help me pick a server CPU.

benutne

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Apr 15, 2001
Messages
1,492
I'm somewhat overwhelmed with the selection of Xeon CPUs on the market right now. Should I stick with the less expensive route and pick the Kentsfield or Yorkfield based socket 775 CPUs? Or should I go with the slightly higher performing Wolfdale and Harpertown socket 771 CPUs and open the way for SMP enabled boards and eight logical CPU goodness? Or is the performance of a lower clocked but slightly higher priced Nehalem worth jumping on the DDR3 bandwagon for?

I'd like to keep my CPU price point in the $200-300 (each) zone. The system will do a lot of everything running several virtual servers (Exchange, Web, Domain Controller, etc)
 
Back
Top