World of Warcraft

Techx

Supreme [H]ardness
Gamespy has a new preview of WOW and all i gotta say is WOW. (yea yea corny i know :p ) Seriously though, i've never played a mmorpg or mmofps but this one is starting to look really sweet and perhaps more balanced than any other mmo.. I think this summer is gunna be fun :D

linkage

Originally posted by [H] - WRX
beta signup should be at the end of this month.

I hope I can get in :D

This game reallyl is looking fun. I loved D2, and if it is as good as D2 or better, I'll be all over it ;)

if they beta doesnt cost money, ill sign up:) , i would pay for it monthly, but i dont have a job(im only 14 and i can only flip burgers now:mad: )

Beta won't cost money, and yah getting a job right now is hard (14 also..).

WoW is my last hope in the mmorpg genre. I liked UO, and LOVED Everquest, but every single other mmorpg I've played after those two I've gotten bored with easily (although DAoC and FFXI were cool). I'm a loot/level/raid kinda gamer and I hope WoW delivers what I'm looking for in a mmorpg.

everybody said the same thing about SWG, that its gonna be the saviour of mmorpgs. im highly skeptical about wow. guess it wouldn't hurt to sign up for the beta though

Originally posted by doh-nut
everybody said the same thing about SWG, that its gonna be the saviour of mmorpgs. im highly skeptical about wow. guess it wouldn't hurt to sign up for the beta though

I used to be one of the people talking high about SWG, except the closer it got to release, the more I knew it wasn't my type of game. I thought it would be "EQ in space" like so many people didn't want it to be. Like I said, I like loot and raids... and thats what WoW is looking to deliver. Their questing system the more I read about it sounds impressive. With the leaked alpha going around I know for a fact that the world design is gorgeous and handmade..... no crappy terrain generator for WoW, which is 100x better IMO.

Played SWG for about a month when it first came out... was great with friends, then I tried the unarmed combat, ugh...totally killed it all for me.

WoW, seems to have what I'm looking for in an MMO, I can't wait for beta and certainly can't wait for retail. I've been a huge fan of the Warcraft series and still cant get enough of WCIII or TFT expansion. Cmon beta signup!

btw, I totally refuse to dl the alpha....why spoil it?

I've always wanted to play an mmorpg but I there havn't been any games that I've wanted to get into really. I love all blizzard games though, and I'm sure I'll love WoW. I pray to the gaming gods I get into teh beta :p

WoW to me is nothing but a stylized, 3d version of Diablo II.

If you've looked at the character's skills, you'll see that they are/were ripped directly from Diablo II.

...course that could have changed by now since I stopped keeping up with WoW after this discovery several months ago.

What's more is that since the core Blizzard people left the company, I don't see the same quality games coming out anymore. Eh, only time will tell I guess.

Originally posted by doh-nut

I don't think the hype about SWG was as big as WoW is now. Blizzard is well known for producing quality - high quality games. I have played every Blizzard game and all of them ranged from decent to excellent at that time.

WoW to me is nothing but a stylized, 3d version of Diablo II.

If you've looked at the character's skills, you'll see that they are/were ripped directly from Diablo II.

...course that could have changed by now since I stopped keeping up with WoW after this discovery several months ago.

What's more is that since the core Blizzard people left the company, I don't see the same quality games coming out anymore. Eh, only time will tell I guess.

Wrong, most of them were ripped from War3. The battle system is not hack and slash. Meaning a totally different gameplay and style from Diablo.

What made diablo 2 was that it concentrated on around items. skills didn't apply to that game, with a few exceptions

Originally posted by UnfaTeFuL
I don't think the hype about SWG was as big as WoW is now.
Star Wars had much more hype than WoW. I mean, it's friggin' Star Wars. It had better name recognition and much more expectation to it. Not having as much hype actually helps Blizzard in the long run IMHO.
What made diablo 2 was that it concentrated on around items. skills didn't apply to that game, with a few exceptions
But it was the items that kept people coming back to play Diablo. If Blizzard can combine the two elements of both games, they might be able to come away with something here.

Originally posted by UnfaTeFuL
I don't think the hype about SWG was as big as WoW is now. Blizzard is well known for producing quality - high quality games. I have played every Blizzard game and all of them ranged from decent to excellent at that time.

Wrong, most of them were ripped from War3. The battle system is not hack and slash. Meaning a totally different gameplay and style from Diablo.

Woops, yeah, you're right. I meant WC3. :p.

Anyways, purely on skills, this game is becoming more and more boring to me. I realize there's not much more to do in an RPG as most skills are rehashed, but a bit more creativity should have been applied to the skills in WoW. I guess I can't see myself paying on a monthly basis for an RPG that's just ripped from WCIII. I know it's World of Warcraft...but they can still change skills or whatever.

As for Guild Wars, I'm looking forward to that.

Originally posted by Torgo
But it was the items that kept people coming back to play Diablo. If Blizzard can combine the two elements of both games, they might be able to come away with something here.

Items are what kept me playing Diablo 2 and Everquest for years. I'm a lewt whore and proud of it. I hope WoW is the same way.

anyone else got in mind the class / race they are gona be ??

most likely im gona be gnome rogue ..

I cant wait for this damn game, ive been waiting for like 2 years for it to come out. I really hope i get into beta, and with blizzard track record the games gunna be awsome. The people who have played alpha say its more playable than most MMOs after release, I find that to be pretty good for WoW and pretty sad for the other MMOs.

BTW hellomcfly: Im gunna be a Human Mage.

As of now a Dwarf Cleric but I'm a min/maxer so whatever race is best for cleric (if any).... I'd also like a couple dark elf rogue or orc/tauren shaman twinks.

A twink is an alternate character that usually recieves items that your main character can't use or doesnt use anymore. Stronger than a newbie character at the same level. Lots of people hate twinks but I think they're fun as a temporary distraction from your main character.

Back