World of Warcraft?

Mysticcal

Gawd
Hints rumors? anything? that physics processors may be used with world of warcraft? seems like a great thing for one of the top played MMORPGs... I'd love to see more destructable things :p

WoW doesn't have any physics at all...not even basic interactible objects. it would require them to majorly overhaul the game to implement something like that...I don't think it'll happen. PPU's can't just magically put physics into a game that doesn't have it to begin with.

^^^ What the above two posts said.

WoW is great because of the content and not because of the graphics. While the graphics look nice, they are not bleeding edge graphics. To incorporate physics into the game would mean rewriting pretty much the whole game engine. Maybe in the next MMO Blizzard releases with a new engine, but not WoW.

Well, maybe an expansion down the road might add it, but that's a ways off (after Burning Crusade, as I am guessing that's getting near enough to completion its too late to add those features)

Yeah, WoW is just a very large database and your interactions with it. Not to mention the mess that it being MMO would cause...

theres just too many variables too take into account to have full scale physics with the kind of game that wow is....

Vanguard and Warhammer are proclaming support, so it has nothing to do with "what the kind of game WOW is". It more has to do with the game engine wasn't designed for it.

And a physics engine is something that would have to be develeoped into the game engine from the ground up I would imagine.

Back