Workstation PSU

Rabid Badger

2[H]4U
Joined
Mar 9, 2006
Messages
2,093
I'm assembling a machine for my girlfriend's parents out of spare parts and I'm looking for a PSU to put in it. The machine has the following specs:

- Barton 2500+ running @ 2.2GHz/1.65V (essentially the same as a 3200+)
- Shuttle AN35N Ultra Mobo (nForce2)
- 2 x 512MB Generic DDR400
- Chaintech FX5200 128MB
- 40GB Western Digital IDE HDD
- ASUS CD-RW Drive

This machine will likely never be upgraded, it just needs stable, quality power for the above components. I'm looking at these two PSU's:

FSP FSP300-60GLN - I like the fact that this one has PFC.

Silverstone SST-ST365
- No PFC, but a few more watts.

I'm leaning toward the FSP, anyone have any reason to recommend against?
 
2nd on the Siverstone.

I use those as backup supplies for work PC's. Long cables too. Just be careful of the 115/220 volt switch. It comes set for 220.
 
Reviving this thread for one simple question -

which PSU is quieter?
 
Yeah, it has the P4 connection. I know better than that, david.:p I've already ordered, received and installed the PSU. Works great, nice and quiet, and the same build quality as my 600W Strider.

Reviving this thread for one simple question -

which PSU is quieter?

The Silverstone should be quieter with the 120mm fan. However, if you're looking for a PSU for the build you were talking about in your other thread, neither one is suitable for your build since they have the majority of their amps on the 12V rail.

You need to get the Vantec Ion 460W like david told you in that thread.
 
Back
Top