Workout Room HTPC

officermartinez

[H]ard|Gawd
Just finished the first round of building a HTPC for my workout room. It's a work-in-progress. Just something to listen to (or watch) while I am working out. I built the recess in the wall and added shelves. I just finished buying some paint and I've started painting.. I plan to paint the whole wall in the next week or so.. I am also waiting for a few parts to arrive (speaker wall plates, banana clips / terminals, Articulating Keyboard Tray, etc).. The little black table is temporary until my keyboard tray arrives.. I'll post up the finished product here in a few weeks when everything is COMPLETELY done.

Antec Black Fusion
Windows 7 Professional
Intel E3200 @ 2.4ghz
DFI GF9400 T2RS (using HDMI and optical out)
4 gb's Gskill DDR2 800
WD 640gb Black Edition HDD
Westinghouse 37" 1080P LCD
Pioneer VSX-D411 500w receiver
(3) Shelf speakers and (2) pioneer towers (pioneers not shown)

WorkoutRoomHTPC.jpg

Thanks for the compliment.. As for the software, I'm using:

iMON/iMEDIAN HD Version 7.77.1022 (Oct. 22, 2009)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Version: 7.77.1022
2. Release Date: Oct. 22, 2009
3. Supported OS: Windows XP SP2 or higher, Windows 2003, Windows Vista (x86, x64), Windows7 (x86, x64)

Once I installed this version, it updated itself with a new patch.

how was that arch made in the wall like that? i made an arch doorway in my house, it wasnt very easy. i cheated though, most people think i formed and sculped it out of clay but really its just a piece of plywood bent in the middle with the whole thing sanded down like a mofo.

look excellent though, i really like the built-in entertainment centers. no buying crappy expensive standalone units, very nice.

how was that arch made in the wall like that? i made an arch doorway in my house, it wasnt very easy. i cheated though, most people think i formed and sculped it out of clay but really its just a piece of plywood bent in the middle with the whole thing sanded down like a mofo.

look excellent though, i really like the built-in entertainment centers. no buying crappy expensive standalone units, very nice.

My dad showed me once a long time ago how to make arched ceilings. Here's a few photos with similar methods as his'.

http://www.ontariotile.com/ceramic-tile-steamroom-1.html

i will be doing the same thing over winter break.

I will be mouting my cheap 32" LCD to the wall, using monoprice mount and running a new box with power and HDMI, running a 25' HDMI cable in the wall into the closet where my HTPC will be.

I will be using USB to CAT6 extenders (monoprice) for the USB IR reciever for the HTPC.

That's awesome. Be sure to post up some pics! As for mine, I'm stuck in the middle of my work week, so I haven't gotten anything else accomplished. It doesn't help that Christmas is right around the corner either.. LOL!

i love the arch, but what about hiding components behind a door or something?

and the speakers, what about in walls for a more custom look? you said you were getting speaker grills, what do they look like?

You also need to get yourself an RF mouse and keyboard combo to hide that nasty wire ;-)

This is what I have: Microsoft Wireless Desktop 3000.

It uses radio frequency, so you can hide the USB receiver behind the HTPC and not worry about line of sight, and you have a 30 feet range.

Back