[worklog] XBX Nightmare

ReaveN

n00b
xbx1.jpg

Note: Sorry guys i cannot speak english... only español hehehe

Bueno tal como se menciona en el titulo estoy por hacer un nuevo proyecto. (tenía tiempo de no hacer algo nuevo)

Ya antes se ha visto en la Red computadoras dentro de una consola de Xbox 360, pero la diferencia de este con los demás es que se trata de una computadora Gamer utilizando componentes de última generación. Así que en las próximas semanas iré publicando avances de este "worklog".

Lista de Componentes:
- Consola Xbox 360 (murió por la patria y fue cedida para una causa noble)
- Procesador Intel Core i3-530 Clarkdale 2.93GHz LGA 1156 73W Dual-Core
- Tarjeta Madre DFI LANParty MI P55-T36 LGA 1156 Intel P55 Mini ITX
- Memoria GSKILL ECO Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR3-1600 Timing: 7-8-7-24-2N
- Tarjeta de Video POWERCOLOR Radeon HD 5770 512MB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express
- Disco Duro Seagate Momentus ST9500420AS 500GB 7200 RPM 2.5" SATA 3.0Gb/s
- Unidad Optico LITE-ON Black 8X DVD+R SATA Slim 8X DVD Burner
- Tarjeta SUPERMICRO CSE-RR1U-E16 1U riser PCI-Express X16

...estén al pendiente!.

Saludos! :D

PD: Hay otro proyecto más en camino con TallerKamino; pero eso es harina de otro costal ;)

My spanish is a little rusty, but I'll translate as best as I know for those in need. Soy un traductor malo. :)

As mentioned in the title I'm about to start a new project. (I haven't had time to do something new)??

I have already seen computers online inside the console of an xbox 360, but the difference between this and the others is that this gaming computer uses components from the latest generation. Here in the next few weeks I will publish updates in this "worklog".

There is another project on the way with TallerKamino but that is for another time (equivalent).

Good as mentioned in the title I am done a new project. (had time to do something new)

Before seen online desktops within an Xbox 360 console, but this difference with others is a computer Gamer using state-of-the-art components. So in the coming weeks I will be publishing this "worklog" progress.

List of components:
-Console Xbox 360 (died by the homeland and ceded for a noble cause)
-Processor Intel Core i3-530 Clarkdale 2. 93GHz LGA 1156 73W dual-core
-Card mother DFI LANParty IM P55 - T36 LGA 1156 Intel P55 Mini ITX
-Memory GSKILL ECO series 4 GB (2 x 2 GB) DDR3-1600 Timing: 7-8-7-24-2N
-Video POWERCOLOR Radeon HD 5770 512 MB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express card
-Disco Duro Seagate Momentus ST9500420AS 500 GB 7200 RPM 2.5 "SATA 3.0Gb/s
-Drive DVD + optical LITE-ON Black 8 X r SATA Slim 8 X DVD Burner
-Card SUPERMICRO CSE-RR1U-E16 1U riser PCI-Express X 16

you... are the slope!.

Best regards!

PS: There is another project on way with TallerKamino; but that is another costal flour

Thanks for noticing I am the slope. Costal Flour sounds very interesting.

Just post up lots of pictures as they speak a thousand words. No translation needed.

Okay, just send me a message that is forbidden to speak in another language, so using "google translate"... Last Saturday night I received the parts I needed, dvd reader drive and a PCI-Express adapter that will put me in a horizontal position the video card.

Also a friend (Hades1280) made some 3D designs to help in the assembly of this project; attached some examples ...

- http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/308/dfi3d01.jpg
- http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/8408/dfi3d02.jpg
- http://img130.imageshack.us/img130/1645/dfi3d03.jpg

tonight publish photos of the current progress...

Then with the help of Cortazar brought me to USA's missing pieces, I continue with the project.

In the first photo we appreciate the PCI-Express adapter that will serve to position the video card horizontal
001zqs.jpg

Here shows how the pieces fit across the xbox
002ypp.jpg

Here is an example of how the components are inside the metal box
004ur.jpg

If you look at this sample did not put the PCI-Express adapter, this is because I have to cut the metal box that can fit the components.
003sr.jpg

Some guys really questioned whether the components would fit inside the xbox, here shown as if fits perfectly.
005jif.jpg

In this part we will start this weekend to make the cuts in the box and use different screws so that components can be fixed in the latest xbox and would remain the final details of the moldings. I hope we do these last details as soon as possible to give this mod finished.

Saludos y Gracias!

I've always wanted to do a PC in 360 case mod. Do you plan on cutting a ventilation hole under the video card for air flow? The PCIe adapter you're using might block proper crossflow through that side of the case.

if you could put the pictures in english that would be great! looks AWESOME!

I don't mean to resurrect a dead thread, but if you're still around I'd like to know how you fit a psu in there. I'm trying to do the same thing with my dead 360, and am stuck on the psu.

Back