WORKLOG: Project H20 Capsule

sdat1333

Weaksauce
Hi everyone,
After my last case mod with the AMS Genesis, I wasnt really very happy with how it turned out, and I ended up not using the watercooling parts I had bought. So I decided I wanted to build a new case from scratch. My friend (his name is Nick) and I brainstormed, and he came up with the idea of a cylinder. A few days later I found one of those turkey cooker things in a closet and realized it was perfect. It has a black powder coat finish, is ~17 inches in diameter and around 3 and a half feet tall.
Anyways, this project should be on a much more tight schedule since im workin with a friend so he keeps me on track. We've started workin on it around 2-3 hours each day after school.

Oh btw my current system will be going in there along with my watercooling and when i get the money, a secondary loop to cool my chipset, power regulators, and video card ram.

Sean

oh and sorry for the fuzzy pics, it was a lowlight environment

cylinder 001.jpg

cylinder 004.jpg

**UPDATE**

anyways heres the bottom section. I put 8 little carpet slider thingys on the bottom around the circle, theyre silver so they look good. The bottom section holds my Eheim 1250 and double heatercore w/ fans. It looks like the tubing will have to make some tight bends but i think its within the tubings ability. Also yes I know the electrical tape is ghetto but this thing is gonna be hidden under my motherboard so its no big deal. Also theres vibration dampening (i think its like neoprene or something. Its "closed cell weatherstripping") Anyways theres vibration dampening between the heatercore and the case (to protect from sharp edges and stuff), between the shroud and heatercore, and between the fans and shroud. So these fans are SILENT :D

**UPDATE**
Hello again everyone.
nothing really signifigant, just built a little motherboard tray, shown with old skt A motherboard (going to be used for soldering practice anyways) to make sure the holes lined up. Tomorow is the last day of school this week i have to go to, we get wed, thursday, and fri. (as well as of course sat and sun) for thanksgiving :) So I SHOULD be able to get everything done by then.

**Small update**

Here is my motherboard and PSU mounted in the case. Had a few setbacks but its still moving forward.

please give feedback, even if it is something simple like "good job" or "it sucks"

]

Shit, just saw this project.

Good start man. That capsule actually looks a lot bigger then I actually thought it was. Seems like it will be a fun project. Personally, I want to see how you're going to go about watercooling this.

thanks
yah the thing is huge
i looked and its taller and A LOT wider than a CM stacker, but it loses about 3 inches of depth to it. Oh thats w/o the top on (which adds like an extra 5 inches)

Back