Working with a Cisco Wireless Access Point

NoodleTech

[H]ard|Gawd
I just picked up a Cisco Aironet AIR-AP1252G-A-K9 Wireless Access Point to mess around with at home and learn IOS.

The unit didn't come with a power adapter or any accessories. Just the bare AP. Does this AP need a controller to work? Can I use it as a standalone AP? Anything else I need to know to get it off the ground?

Thanks

By default that AP would be autonomous. If the PN is xxxx-APxxxx, it's autonomous (by default; it can still be upgraded to lightweight). If the PN is xxxx-LAPxxxx, it's lightweight and would need a controller (or to be converted to autonomous).

You'll need something that does POE, or a power injector, or at compatible power supply for the AP.

By default that AP would be autonomous. If the PN is xxxx-APxxxx, it's autonomous (by default; it can still be upgraded to lightweight). If the PN is xxxx-LAPxxxx, it's lightweight and would need a controller (or to be converted to autonomous).

You'll need something that does POE, or a power injector, or at compatible power supply for the AP.
Got it. Thanks! I think I'll pick up a power supply on eBay.

Last edited:
Back