Working on the first try?

BigGreenMat

Limp Gawd
I am on my new A64 SLI system. Worked on 1st startup with no issues!! Now to get everything installed and fast! Wahoo!

Celebration!! I have never built a system before and did this entirely on my own with zero help.

Congrats. Hope you'll have fun building more rigs in the future and don't forget! You just branded yourself the family (immediate and non immediate) tech support man!

FaRKle0079 said:
Congrats. Hope you'll have fun building more rigs in the future and don't forget! You just branded yourself the family (immediate and non immediate) tech support man!

Yup.

Congrats on the grief-less install. I was pleasantly suprised that the only problem I had with my last upgrade last week was one of the rounded cables that DFI sent me with their mobo was bad. Other than that, no grief, and I love it, lol.

Well everything was beautiful until I installed XP SP2. Now I can no longer connect to the internet even though my IP address is correct through my portal and uninstalling and reinstalling my nForce4 gigabit ethernet drivers.

BigGreenMat said:
Well everything was beautiful until I installed XP SP2. Now I can no longer connect to the internet even though my IP address is correct through my portal and uninstalling and reinstalling my nForce4 gigabit ethernet drivers.

SP2 claims another victim! Although seriously, I had no issues with my install of SP2. Check the firewall.

what?!?!?!?! :confused:

You mean everybody doesn't get the setup right on the first try?

j/k But I know how it feels, last 4 or 5 machines I've built (for myself or friend's) have worked fine on the first try...then I go mess up things with overly aggressive memory and/or cpu timings :D

Back