Working LEGO Chainsaw

Isn't this sorta a normal thing to make with Lego Tecknic? I remember making much more elaborate and complex things with my (fairly small) set when I was a child.

I guess I'm old, because when I was a kid, you got a box of bricks with some wheels and a few other things and you just made whatever. AFAIK, there weren't any kits to make a fire station, much less a motor for a chainsaw.

I could never make these types of things for two reasons:
1. The number of "unique" parts available at the time was very limited. No shrouds, smooth pieces, odd shapes, etc. were available back then. Gears, axles, chains and even the motor were available, though. It was "Expert Builder" back then, not Technic.
2. The number of parts I had was limited to the kits I owned. Lego was (and still is) quite expensive for a kid that is 10 or 11 years old.
OK maybe three reasons:
3. I never had enough imagination to think of making something like a chainsaw. If I could go back in time... Nah, who am I kidding. I wouldn't have had a picture of it anyway. Damn kids and their social media, digital cameras and internet connections.

LEGO my lawn you hipsters! You make my childhood memories of fun seem so inadequate.

if I imagining things, or is the chain brake feature 'backwards'? IE, chain brake forward should stop the chain..

I think our definition of "working" are different. That's not going to prune a bush, it's made out of Lego. Impressively, I might add.

I just had wooden blocks as a kid before I had Legos. Then I got one red briefcase of Lego parts. There was not a wheel or anything "moving" in the set.... now I'm an engineer!!!

My Lego sets consisted of several different colored bricks, no wheels, no moving parts. Hell, I don't think I even had more than a few of the Lego dudes. I had a castle that came with a king, queen, and maybe a few other pieces.

I just had wooden blocks as a kid before I had Legos. Then I got one red briefcase of Lego parts. There was not a wheel or anything "moving" in the set.... now I'm an engineer!!!
Lincoln logs (when they were made of wood)

I guess I'm old, because when I was a kid, you got a box of bricks with some wheels and a few other things and you just made whatever. AFAIK, there weren't any kits to make a fire station, much less a motor for a chainsaw.

I think the only things with motors in them at the time were capsules (I think that's the name). But yea, a box of legos, an antennae or 3 and a few hinge blocks. Make your own science!

I think our definition of "working" are different. That's not going to prune a bush, it's made out of Lego. Impressively, I might add.
That's what my parents said about that plastic saw they gave me when I was 4. It didn't stop me from cutting off the knobs on a dresser ;)

Back