• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

work with pdf

colore

Limp Gawd
Joined
Sep 18, 2010
Messages
419
hello!

I want to use a pen to mark text on pdfs, to select text and open it in google, etc

I dont know if I need a specific monitor to do that, or any monitor with a specific input device

can you advise me please

thanks!
 
perhaps a capacitive touchscreen monitor (like Dell ST2220T) coupled with capacitive stylus would work.

I'm not sure it'll register pressure sensitivity like Wacom does.

if you really need your handwritten annotation to be as close as possible to that of papers (i.e. having variable thickness) I believe Wacom tablet is the only way to go. Though a bit overkill for annotation works IMHO.
 
that wacom will display the pdf and the web browser, and all the desktop, or it is just used to navigate the cursor and draw?
 
Sorry, I should have made myself clearer. Yep the usual Wacom tablet is a oversized touchpad with pen, so it's only navigation.

I'm talking about the Wacom tablet display, something like this one:
http://www.wacom.com/en/products/interactivedisplays/dtu-2231.aspx

It will definitely work for your usage scenario. But given Wacom market is pro art consumer, the price generally does not justify general annotation works nor does the feature set is geared to it.

Within that price range (<$1000) IMO you'd better invest in Tablet PCs (the real ones, not some Ipad or *tabs).

You get portability as a bonus, that's unless you need a bigger screen. (most tablet pcs are 12-13", the Wacom cintiq display is 21.5")

Alternatively, I've heard people manually modding their display with a Wacom digitizer, I'm completely unfamiliar with that, though.

just my two cents, btw. :)
 
Last edited:
Back
Top