Work network issue with Android

Liver

Supreme [H]ardness
Having an issue connecting to WiFi with Evo updated via official release of 2.2. I couldn't access it via 2.1 either. It's an odd network designation.

However, the iPhone can connect once I okay the error message.

Is there a work around that you may know about? Web search basically told me that the protocol is old and useless and that it should be changed. That is not possible by me.

Error

Anyone?

It's an interesting situation. I can connect with an iPhone but not android. However it is a restrictive network. Sometimes it blocks espn and such. It does block headfi but it's faster than 3G.

What "odd network designation" and what "old and useless protocol"? Help us help you by thinking about DETAILS necessary to know wtf you're even talking about.

Yes, and it told me exactly... nothing.

Same.

Well Android can not connect to 1.1.1.1 addresses / networks / redirects. However the iPhone can. Is it inherent to the Android, or is there an app or tweak to get it to work.

Same error here, but this is before Froyo and on the Nexus One.

And here again. This message ends by saying it will be fixed with Froyo.

Android has always had difficulties with networks that require special permissions or certificates.
Basic security protocols are fine but I have found that any network with that requires a certificate or special permissions as it seems the one you are trying don't work.

I don't believe this is fixed with Froyo but I no longer need to connect to such networks. Before I would use a web protocol to create Android specific certificates for certain networks but that doesn't seem to be your issue.

Android has always had difficulties with networks that require special permissions or certificates.
Basic security protocols are fine but I have found that any network with that requires a certificate or special permissions as it seems the one you are trying don't work.

I don't believe this is fixed with Froyo but I no longer need to connect to such networks. Before I would use a web protocol to create Android specific certificates for certain networks but that doesn't seem to be your issue.

are you aware of an app that can get around it?

on one hand I can't connect with the Evo to the WiFi, but on the other side the network restrictions are very tight. Makes me wonder if its worth it.

Back