WORK LOG: Modding p182 Se window

MzL

Limp Gawd
hi guys . ill be keeping a log on my mod on my p182Se window.

it will be done within the next week or so.

wish me luck :)

heres some pics to start of with
IMG_0813.jpg

IMG_0815.jpg

IMG_0822.jpg

IMG_0818.jpg

IMG_0827.jpg

thats the stuff ill be useing. ill be getting some clear acrlyic perspecs soon.

IMG_0809.jpg

IMG_0811.jpg

heres the template i will be working with :)

i hope i can get it done so i can see the insides of my comp :)
IMG_0794.jpg

o that stuff.

i live in australia and i got it from clark rubber.

im having seconde thought on that size. i don't think it will look nice ><. might have to get different one

cant wait to see it finished make sure u get heaps of practice before u cut the MIRROR FINISH!!!!

be getting my perspec later today but for now i had some chagne of pan ><

i made my template a bit bigger. :)

IMG_0840.jpg

IMG_0838.jpg

IMG_0837.jpg

IMG_0834.jpg

IMG_0828.jpg

IMG_0832.jpg

did i mention that i got this roll of tape for free? well when i went to bunnings and got my stuff the check out chick didn't scan some stuff in my trollerly.
so i walked out and got home and was like ' i still got money left????'
saved like 40bucks :) the tape and alcohol thing for free :)

Be careful! The metal-plastic-metal 3 layer nature of that sidepanel is a bit of a pain in the butt! Looking forward to seeing how it turns out.

did i mention that i got this roll of tape for free? well when i went to bunnings and got my stuff the check out chick didn't scan some stuff in my trollerly.
so i walked out and got home and was like ' i still got money left????'
saved like 40bucks :) the tape and alcohol thing for free :)

your paint will melt off due to karma

If i were u id invest in a jigsaw. I got one at lowes for 30 and it cuts through my single layer aluminum so much faster than the dremal. And the P182 side panel is a lot thicker and not to mention 3 layers.

IMG_0841.jpg

IMG_0842.jpg

i finsihed with the template and marked everything. then mearsured it agian.
i ended up drawing the cut-out on the panel rather then template. seemed more accurate.
it looks alright and about the right size and scale.

a little delay with the perspec. but i will be planning to get a clear blue kinda color. so my blue cathodes will give us a good blue glow. if not get a tinted shade one

i forgot to mention im cutting with a jigsaw not the rotary tool. the rotary tool only 2 cut the inside to get rid off 2 layers of the side panel so the perspec sits almost flush with the mirror.
( i have the jigsaw somewhere in the shed have to find it >< )

IMG_0988.jpg

IMG_0986.jpg

finaly got my perspec :) its like a glass kind of color.

proably be cutting tommow :)

lol . hope it works out DONT FUK IT UP PLZ!!haha ul be spewin if u stuff ur mirror side with liek crooked cut or somthin ahah good luck bro

lol . hope it works out DONT FUK IT UP PLZ!!haha ul be spewin if u stuff ur mirror side with liek crooked cut or somthin ahah good luck bro

I think my IQ just dropped...

Anyway, good luck cutting into that! I'd personally be too paranoid of messing it up to do that! But the upside, it WILL look amazing! :D

I'm curious to know how you're going to mount the plexi... since the panels are quite thick. I'll be checking back!

ok i finished it :)

went well. not much complication.

(imma spam loads of pictures now . sry ><)

IMG_0990.jpg

IMG_0992.jpg

IMG_1010.jpg

IMG_0999.jpg

IMG_1000.jpg

IMG_1007.jpg

IMG_1005.jpg

the pic above was a shocker. i remove the metal sheet on the bak and find out the middle was just plastic. a thick sheet of hard plastic......
IMG_1012.jpg

IMG_1015.jpg

IMG_1014.jpg

IMG_1016.jpg

IMG_1018.jpg

IMG_1019.jpg

IMG_1020.jpg

IMG_1025.jpg

IMG_1022.jpg

the pic above u can see how blue the perspec is. look like glass . looks alright :)
IMG_1027.jpg

IMG_1029.jpg

IMG_1030.jpg

IMG_1031.jpg

IMG_1032.jpg

IMG_1033.jpg

here my photopucket album if anyone is interested
http://s234.photobucket.com/albums/ee249/MzL47/?special_track=nav_tab_album

im quite pleased with my efforts. took a while doing it properly. but it came out very nice :)

if there any questions or u want extra photos. pls feel free to ask .

thanks [H]forum guys :)

nice job!
good that you installed the window, it would be a shame to hide that great wiring !

thanks guys for the comments :)

in the future i might get new plexi or put some cool engraving on it :)

Looks awesome! I wish I had the know-how and the tools to be able to do things like this. :(

Thanks So much for posting all of this!

Looks fantastic... and it will save me $90 from buying a predone one... I am going to order the parts today!

Was scratching my head trying to figure out how to do that on my P182 SE... but now that I see this... not hard at all!

Back