Work bought me a digicam, so now I can finally post pics of my rig...(56K be warned)

RickyJ

Gawd
I'm new to digital cameras, so some of these pics look kinda grainy (I D 10 T error, not camera, so they got shrunk with Paint).

pcfront1.JPG

pcfront2.JPG

pcside1.JPG

pcside2.JPG

pcguts1.JPG

pcguts2.JPG

pcguts3.JPG

In the 2nd to last pic, you can see how the thermal diode easily slips between the shim and block.
I used a square of non-conductive foam between the GPU block and the old sound card, just in case things moved around and shorted.

Since I'm away from my home Province and my tools, I couldn't concentrate on making my car even faster. So I did what I had been wanting to do for a while: watercool my computer.

Hope some of you enjoy the pics. My ghetto shroud is cut from a house-fan box. :D

edit: Next step is a new PSU. That Super Flower that's in there now supplies 35A on the 5V line, and I need more. It gets super hawt as it is. Temps should drop quite a bit with something like a Fortron 530.

You really dont need all the fans on there now. Remove the two vantecs on the back and the intake on the side. They aren't really helping performance because the main heat source in the comp is now the PSU and the radiator (both with fans on them already).

If I were you, I'd take off all the fans and make the rad exhaust air out of the case. That is how mine is set up and it is silent and runs quite cool. I only have the two fans in the PSU and the 2 120s on top blowing air out.

Other than that, that is the same radiator as mine. Very good radiator and I love how it fits perfectly between the drives :)

acascianelli said:
no, he has one, its black, under that little monitor thingy :)
Hmm, I guess it's time to paint the rotary knob then, so it can be even more stealth. :eek:
It's my DVD-CDR/W combo drive that I painted when I got it last winter. That's the only place an optical drive will fit now, so it's a good thing that all the drives are combo now! :D

noodle, those Stealths are all exhaust (there's one in the front too). But yes, they are pretty redundant when the processor is only at 2.2GHz. I have to crank the voltage to 1.85V to play in the 2.4+GHz range, and this puts the PSU through hell. It gets fairly hot, which heats up the case, raises water temps, etc, so those Stealths give some extra security. They'll be removed when I upgrade the PSU to something that can actually handle my CPU. ;)

Back