Word of the Day: Glasshole

HardOCP News

[H] News
As much as I hate to poke fun of our pal cyborg Sergey, you have to admit that Glasshole is exactly what comes to mind when you see someone wearing those damn things. :D

With all the lucky first Google Glass owners now starting to receive their wearable face computers in the mail, we are already seeing a rise in the "glasshole"—an endearing term used to describe people who do not use the gadgets in socially acceptable ways.

Now, this is the only term we have for them, since Glasswipe, Glasshat and Glassface all suck. :eek:

Also, this thread is going to be so much win.

Glasshole works since not only is it fitting for the profane connotations, it also is meaningful of the hole into your world that Creepy Uncle Google can peek into to watch you and everyone around you do things. Google Glass is a far more effective way of monitoring you than just routing your DNS resolution requests through a Google-owned DNS server farm like they do with many Android phones, Chromebooks, and Chrome browsers. There's a lot more information to be gained by having access to a camera and microphone on your face.

Glasshole works since not only is it fitting for the profane connotations, it also is meaningful of the hole into your world that Creepy Uncle Google can peek into to watch you and everyone around you do things. Google Glass is a far more effective way of monitoring you than just routing your DNS resolution requests through a Google-owned DNS server farm like they do with many Android phones, Chromebooks, and Chrome browsers. There's a lot more information to be gained by having access to a camera and microphone on your face.

Do have you have an alert set up to come troll any thread with the word Google? :)

The schtick is getting a little stale I'll be honest.

Do have you have an alert set up to come troll any thread with the word Google? :)

An alert? Nonsense! Uncle Google knows all and sees all. No alerts are necessary.

I thought I was the only one who thought that..Considering he maintains one of the higher(est) Post Per Day ratios, and nearly 95% of them are in the "News" section:rolleyes::rolleyes:...

So if someone does something inappropriate with your Google shades, would that be a Glassrape?

:D

So should we call the people who use their iPads as cameras and hold them up in front of others, iHoles?

So if someone does something inappropriate with your Google shades, would that be a Glassrape?

:D

No no, I think thats something making a glassic mistake(if they get caught) or a glassy move(if they get away with it? :D)

I thought I was the only one who thought that..Considering he maintains one of the higher(est) Post Per Day ratios, and nearly 95% of them are in the "News" section:rolleyes::rolleyes:...

You obviously haven't actually looked at my post history since you're saying 95% and pulled that number from your backside. It's actually 100%. :p

Google is working on mainstreaming facial recognition searches, and I assume already has a license plate scanner up and running since they know how to locate and blur both faces and license plates automagically from street maps.

So while they may not broadcast that information to the public, they will surely be able to monetize knowing where everyone it sees is at all times if these take off.

That means you collect far more information than just the wearer's habbits, but those of everyone he meets in the street as well.

Won't matter for your average Joe, but I bet some high profile people will end up getting blackmailed with this info when someone inevitably hacks in to this (or just plain buys it from google).

Back