woot off

I remember when I used to check woot every night...

didn't know amazon bought it must be on vacation but yes i agree the deals have been nothing special.

To me the whole point was one deal a day... I checked in to see that one deal... always something off the wall or something I actually wanted or needed. Now it's mostly just crap amazon is trying to clear out and it's so cluttered and busy... the joy is gone. Woot is dead

To me the whole point was one deal a day... I checked in to see that one deal... always something off the wall or something I actually wanted or needed. Now it's mostly just crap amazon is trying to clear out and it's so cluttered and busy... the joy is gone. Woot is dead

Exactly--I used to check Woot every night and occasionally bought stuff. Now, I haven't checked the site for several months--and that check was the first time in about a year.

Not as good as it used to be. Mainly because a lot of items seem to have a high sticker price. Example, $350 lamps don't seem like they really appeal to their froogle tech minded audience.

Yet I have bought 3 tech related items on woot within the past year that are all quality stuff. Each has been at least half off the Amazon rate.

I remember checking Woot! the moment I got into work every morning.
Back then, they actually had good crap... and you had to act quick before it sold out.

BOC's we 80% crap with a nugget or two thrown in, and a few LUCKY Woot'ers got something extraordinary. That was the allure. $3 gamble for the chance of being a lucky recipient. I remember one time 3 or so Woot'ers got a bag with a note inside, saying to watch for the freight truck that was delivering a flat screen TV. :eek:

Amazon destroyed woot. Not only are there 50 versions of the site now, but combined they offer less enticing deals than could be had from the primary site when it was independent.

Between the downfalls of woot and NewEgg, the best internet memories of my high school years have been ruined.

I haven't bought anything from sellout.com in over half a decade.

The site is a wanna-be woot, the real one died a long time ago.

Mwh, woot can still have some decent deals...even if those deals possibly aren't technically their own (does woot still get exclusive deals?).

I haven't bought anything from sellout.com in over half a decade.

Same here.

Got some Uniden Cordless phone system for about 1/3rd of the price they were anywhere else. This was quite a few years ago though.

Also, my wife's digital camera went caput one night so I checked Woot in the morning when I got to work and wouldn't you know it they had a digital camera for something like $50 dollars.

I miss that. Oh well.

Back