woot.com BOC!!!!

fuelvolts

[H]ard|Gawd
trying to get my order in ........
I keep hitting the buy it button but i get

Server Error in '/' Application.

did YOU get in?

I got in at 12:03! By the time I ordered it, I felt like I was using a 56k...the thing has been up sporadically and I only saw the main page twice after I ordered (I keep checking the page). Maybe I'll get one of the surplus plasma screens! :D

[Update]
The website is now completely dead.

[Update 2]
It's back up...go get your orders in!

haha. I've been trying to order it since 12:02 and still havent been able to.

I hit the site at about 12:08, got a server error, and knew right away it was boc time. :D The main page will load sporadically and it still has the I want one button, but I'm not getting any further than that.

While I'm waiting for my buy button press to actually work... What have previous BOC's been?

ARGH

got in last time around, missed out this time... *sob*

fuck this shit. I got to the registration page(yeah I know, should have already been registered), but then I keep getting server errors. Probably sold out by now anyway. I'm going to bed.

been hitting the buy it button since 12:02...no luck so far
I WILL get this!

pretty much if you don't get in at midnight - 12:03, you're screwed.

provided you don't reload after you press "buy one" and you wait it out (don't refresh!) you wll never lose your spot in the queue and the pages will continue to load the whole process... if you are too late, you'll get errors galore.

my .02 based on past experiences / comments i've seen

-- alan j

I got in at 12:10 their time by repeated mashing of the button (mash, "server error." LAME. "back" Repeat). Granted, I started at like 12:02. Yay, just got my confirmation email! Nothing like a BOC to test out the ol' webserver :p

ARGH

sooo... closee... order page... "i want 3"...

HAD TO CHANGE MY ADDRESSS...

FORGOT MY STUPID CARD CODE when the screen came back cause it dissapeared... possibly would ahve made it if i didnt make this fatal mistake...

*error*

never gonna make it....

probably were gone a long time ago anyways, last time there was a BOC people tried to get through an hour later but never actually got all the way, regardless of the fact it still says there are some left...

You get a chance to win the leftovers from previous sales (I think)

Its a hit or miss thing, but some people get cameras and other cool prizes.

EvilCloudStrife said:
bag of crap from the looks of it.. i donno what this is all about

woot.com is based out of Richardson, TX
They sell one thing a day starting at midnight 7 days a week

every so often (about every 6 weeks) they sell a bag of crap
usually it is just junk as they are cleaning out their warehouse. It is 1 dollar per "crap" up to 3. They charge $5 shipping on everything they sell regardless of quantity or size.

The first time i did this i got a huuuuge remote control T-Rex and some pens and a stuffed monkey - all for $8. The second time, I got a Palm III PDA new!

People have gotten home theater set ups. You are basically gambling.

EDIT: Richardson is about 10 mins from [H]ardOCP headquarters

damn runtime error - I just registerred - but can't get the product page to come up for anything.

Got order screen - "Sorry, we're now sold out of this item or we don't have enough left to complete your order."

damn, tried really hard too... :mad:

made the idiot mistake of posting in their forum first
lol.gif

woot!

I've been slowly progressing through the purchasing process for the past hour, and have been clicking the 'stupidly large' buy it button for at least 15 minutes. Finally it just went back to the main page where it said 'SOLD OUT!' and I was like :( but checked my email and:

Thank you for your purchase.

Your order number XXXXXXXXX for 3 Random Crap has been received by Woot on 11/4/2005 and your credit card has been charged $8.66.
Your order will typically ship within 3 business days. To check your order status, go to the Your Account tab at www.woot.com, log in and check your order history.

Please review the information above and report any discrepancy immediately to [email protected]. Make sure your user name and order number are included in all correspondence related to this order.

Here is a link to the discussion of this product on the Woot Community Forums:
http://www.woot.com/Forums/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=324223

Thanks again for shopping at Woot. Please visit us again at www.woot.com!

Damn, they need to stop running their database on the ol' 286 in the basement. Seriously.

again, if you don't get in the first 5 min, you're not gonna get in at all, as inticing as it all looks...

i still tried, even though nobody has ever sucessfully gotton in more than 10 min after midnight hits

darn :(

-- alan "got really crappy crap last time... mmm curling iron" jacyszynj

Last couple of craps I got included:

2x 'Charge-It!' power brick (basically like 25 brand name rechargeable AA alkalines in a yellow plastic brick with a standard auto cig lighter socket and plug for charging. It's a better deal when you just take the thing apart and take the batteries out. :D

1x FM radio watch
about 20 priority pucks, I gave them all out to the trick or treaters this year. I expect our house to get egged within the week. :D
1x Laptop Zip 250 drive which sits in it's box in my closet
2x Iomega Zip drive carrying bags, nice little bags perfect for carrying around ipod, camera, whatever
3x photon keychain lights

fuelvolts said:
woot.com is based out of Richardson, TX
They sell one thing a day starting at midnight 7 days a week

every so often (about every 6 weeks) they sell a bag of crap
usually it is just junk as they are cleaning out their warehouse. It is 1 dollar per "crap" up to 3. They charge $5 shipping on everything they sell regardless of quantity or size.

The first time i did this i got a huuuuge remote control T-Rex and some pens and a stuffed monkey - all for $8. The second time, I got a Palm III PDA new!

People have gotten home theater set ups. You are basically gambling.

EDIT: Richardson is about 10 mins from [H]ardOCP headquarters

BOC's back up for sale, but the server took another dump

edit:
and its shown as sold out again

edit2:
and its back again

Gah! I'm at the order review page, but it keeps saying either "Server is Busy" or a 500 error.

:(

Now I'm getting this:

At top of page: "We need you to fix something. Please see each marked section."

At bottom, the marked section: "Sorry, we're now sold out of this item or we don't have enough left to complete your order."

...how do I fix that one? I dont even know what the item really is, let alone how to give them more.

im at the end of the purchase, but its not completing.. it says a BOC has been reserved, but the order is just processing.. dammit.. wanna see the big deal with Bags of crap..

-Evil Juggalo

i tried for 45 minutes until the entire website went offline.
Didn't get it, kept breaking after i clicked the buy it button.

Oh well,
I was in at 12:02 too.

I was around at 12:45a - ish, never really got through though :( oh well, there's always next time.

EvilCloudStrife said:
do we know the next time the BOC will be there?
I doubt woot even knows when the next boc will be.

Back