WooHoo its back

It sort of trashed the idea of the Black Friday meet up threads. Really piss poor timing.

MeanieMan said:
It sort of trashed the idea of the Black Friday meet up threads. Really piss poor timing.

Yeah, except for the fact that people won't be sleeping tonight and will be reloading this site religiously and methodically every three seconds, which will probably lead to another catastrophic failure.

Maybe instead of taking the whole forum down next time, make all sections read only for the day off you want to give your mods...

Ludic said:
Maybe instead of taking the whole forum down next time, make all sections read only for the day off you want to give your mods...
Wait...the downtime was for mods to have a day off :confused:

saturnine2 said:
Wait...the downtime was for mods to have a day off :confused:

Would you want to spend Thanksgiving sorting through thousands of posts, deleting or banning when necessary?

while I dont know what the reason for the downtime was, I can tell you it wasn't for time off for moderators. There is usually someone that will check up on whats going on.

Amazing. I never sell stuff on forums, but this week I did. Right as I got the parts ready to go, I couldn't tell the buyer for 2 days. Stupid Murphy's Law. ;)

No biggie guys. Thank you for the great forum. I never would have gotten into watercooling, nor would I have ever figured out what RAM timings to use on my P4C800 without this site. (So is it good or bad that you guys help feed my addiction for tweaking, baking, and modding my system? My friends think I'm enough of a geek already.)

Methodical said:
while I dont know what the reason for the downtime was, I can tell you it wasn't for time off for moderators. There is usually someone that will check up on whats going on.

It was Bestbuy executing a perfectly timed Dos atack, jk , lol

When i asked what's going on, Kyle told me it is a MySql crash...

As a fairly new member here it may seem a bit uppity to post opinions in this thread but I must. Since even August that I joined this board has gone down a LOT, and I've seen the 'mySQL' crash scenario repeated. Its plain that an upgrade needs to happen. This board has obviously grown to a status to reckon with and has many talented, loyal, and supportive members. Upgrade the server(s). Split the load between the database and the forums proper. Take up a collection here to fund the upgrades... hell I'll contribute. This board has outgrown what has worked in the past and its obvious that changes need to be made. I'm serious about being a member here and sorry, but: 'woohoo its back' doesn't do it for me

I was sorta pissed off about it yesterday cause i was home having thanksgiving dinner with the family and i tried to get on all day and it was down.

Toonage said:
As a fairly new member here it may seem a bit uppity to post opinions in this thread but I must. Since even August that I joined this board has gone down a LOT, and I've seen the 'mySQL' crash scenario repeated. Its plain that an upgrade needs to happen. This board has obviously grown to a status to reckon with and has many talented, loyal, and supportive members. Upgrade the server(s). Split the load between the database and the forums proper. Take up a collection here to fund the upgrades... hell I'll contribute. This board has outgrown what has worked in the past and its obvious that changes need to be made. I'm serious about being a member here and sorry, but: 'woohoo its back' doesn't do it for me

I agree. This is starting to get out of hand. I dont think the forum has made it through a major holiday yet. I'm on alot of other forums as well and they hardly ever go down. HardForum however is constantly crashing and sometimes its a couple of days or more before they get it back up again. As popular as this forum is they need to spend the money it takes to get the equipment necessary to run this forum without regular crashes.

Yeah, I am happy now that I can log in. I have not been able to log in all day, even when people were posting.....

do a supporting member thing like www.pbnation.com pay $5+ get a supporting member icon below your name. Also check out the F/S threads on pbnation, they have a thing called golden ups, $14 and your thread becomes kinda like a sticky for 3 days, it gets noticed more and u don't have to up it. Also very little cost for [H] to get either of those going.

vapb400 said:
do a supporting member thing like www.pbnation.com pay $5+ get a supporting member icon below your name. Also check out the F/S threads on pbnation, they have a thing called golden ups, $14 and your thread becomes kinda like a sticky for 3 days, it gets noticed more and u don't have to up it. Also very little cost for [H] to get either of those going.
We do have a subscription system for the genmay forum that is $5/year or $15/life. That fs/ft sticky thing sounds like it would get pretty worthless if a lot of people used it.

Back