• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Woohoo it came in !

Visable-assassin

I <3 Hybrids
2FA
Joined
Aug 8, 2000
Messages
20,947
I have just been notified that my PCP&C Turbo-cool 510 Express has been delivered...sadly Im at work so I dont get to mess with it yet...but god damn am I excited to get home and install her !
 
keep it to the outside
no real need to void that warranty sticker
I'll post a few guts PICS in need
I had to pop the top, Drill and Tap some holes for mine when I got it
(4U mounting with the brackets I had)
 
Ice Czar said:
keep it to the outside
no real need to void that warranty sticker
I'll post a few guts PICS in need
I had to pop the top, Drill and Tap some holes for mine when I got it
(4U mounting with the brackets I had)


I wont crack her open...Im a warranty whore so that wont take place for oh say...6 years :p
 
Well now that the forums are back up and running I get to update my stuff...Ive got her installed and holy shit shes a beast ! super quiet and rails are evil !
Makes me feel like (had to use a different gif LOL)

tom2.gif




close up showing rail ratings.
pcpclose.jpg



Only the best baby..and these are them (from two different catagories of course) :D
2best.jpg



installed and ready to roll
mess1.jpg


lights on
lights.jpg



in the dark
indark.jpg



as a whole
overall.jpg



The best damn money Ive spent for my PC in a while !!!!
 
Visable-assassin said:
.
Makes me feel like
damme.gif

1. pissing off a roomful of Thai Boxers
2. a cheap dance hall girl
3. a Dutch film star will questionable Dance skills

:p :p :p


Merry Christmas Nice Rig ;)
 
Ice Czar said:
1. pissing off a roomful of Thai Boxers
2. a cheap dance hall girl
3. a Dutch film star will questionable Dance skills



Merry Christmas Nice Rig ;)


It was supposed to be drunken dancing smart ass :p
Thanks a ton Ice...this thing kicks major ass !
Now I need to dump the AXP for an A64 and I think Ill be set
 
Visable-assassin said:
It was supposed to be drunken dancing smart ass :p

1. I dont start drinking before noon (in 15 minutes)
2. I dont dance unless drunk
3. What can I say? Im always a smartass :p

IMO I think the "and I'll be set" part is overly optimistic, given your past record :p
 
Ice Czar said:
1. I dont start drinking before noon (in 15 minutes)
2. I dont dance unless drunk
3. What can I say? Im always a smartass :p

IMO I think the "and I'll be set" part is overly optimistic, given your past record :p


Hey now...Im trying to change that record :p
 
VA, is the Express model fairly quiet? I've always heard folks complain about how noisy the Deluxe is, and that is somewhat of a concern for me. Also, if I buy one I'm going to sleeve the remaining wires...whats a rough estimate of the total length of wiring that's unsleeved so I know how much to buy?
 
ATW said:
VA, is the Express model fairly quiet? I've always heard folks complain about how noisy the Deluxe is, and that is somewhat of a concern for me. Also, if I buy one I'm going to sleeve the remaining wires...whats a rough estimate of the total length of wiring that's unsleeved so I know how much to buy?



On this supply EVERYTHING is sleeved there are no exposed wires at all...so no need to buy any sleeving :)
Now as far as quiet goes...well that is subjective to each person...to me it is as quiet as my antec true power 550...in other words I cant hear the damn thing over my other fans...if I turn down my 80mms I cant hear it over my dual 120mm panaflo L1A's which both fully powered are quiet as hell. So I am very happy with it..and I can sleep in the same room as my rig with no problems.
 
Qwertyman said:
thanks for the info i'm getting one when i hopefully get sli.


the possability of SLI is why I picked this one up. However the only thing I didnt get was dual PCI-express connectors...so Ill need a converter :( oh well this thing is a friggen tank
 
Visable-assassin said:
On this supply EVERYTHING is sleeved there are no exposed wires at all...so no need to buy any sleeving :)

Did you happen to order from somewhere that completed the sleeving work? The diagram at PCP&C's site and all review photos that I've seen clearly show exposed wires.
 
Geez VA, that vandamme gif is great! Absolutely made my night.

GIVE ME TONG PO!!!!!!!!!!

nice toy by the way. Enjoy the wattage!


phas3d
 
PC P&C does make supplies that are unsleeved. Any of the models that don't have "deluxe" in their name aren't sleeved, which includes the $199 specialty ones they sell for various dualies and whatnot, it's an extra $20 for the deluxe trim on those
 
Vertigo Acid said:
PC P&C does make supplies that are unsleeved. Any of the models that don't have "deluxe" in their name aren't sleeved, which includes the $199 specialty ones they sell for various dualies and whatnot, it's an extra $20 for the deluxe trim on those


and modifying that message further
Im pretty sure the Express is only available in Deluxe Trim

Personally I bought a plain old grey unsleeved 510 EPS12V for $199
only it was an AG
(has a 6 pin AGP Pro Connector very like the new PCI-E Video Connectors)
 
phas3d said:
Geez VA, that vandamme gif is great! Absolutely made my night.

GIVE ME TONG PO!!!!!!!!!!

nice toy by the way. Enjoy the wattage!


phas3d

Well I had to get some humor in there...however that pic is now changed...stupid 5mb limit from roadrunner is killin me :(
 
Going by the diagram, the Express has exposed wires in 10 places correct? So it'd take no less than 5ft of sleeve to finish it off.
 
ATW said:
Going by the diagram, the Express has exposed wires in 10 places correct? So it'd take no less than 5ft of sleeve to finish it off.


it would be a waste the express is fully sleeved man the only thing that is not sleeved is the 24 pin to 20 pin adapter and thats only like 2 inches long everything else is sleeved.
 
I'm really not trying to start an argument here, I just want to know what to expect.

Not each wire is sleeved nor is it sleeved between the last two connectors. Please use the diagram link below. The sleeved sections are shown as a cross hatched area of the wiring where as the single lines are not sleeved per the drawing.

http://www.pcpowercooling.com/products/power_supplies/highperformance/turbocools/510/index.htm

Thanks for contacting us.

Best Regards,

Russ Smith
Tech Support
PC Power & Cooling, Inc.
(800) 722-6555
(760) 931-6988 FAX
Email Support@pcpow.com
 
ATW said:
I'm really not trying to start an argument here, I just want to know what to expect.

Not each wire is sleeved nor is it sleeved between the last two connectors. Please use the diagram link below. The sleeved sections are shown as a cross hatched area of the wiring where as the single lines are not sleeved per the drawing.

http://www.pcpowercooling.com/products/power_supplies/highperformance/turbocools/510/index.htm

Thanks for contacting us.

Best Regards,

Russ Smith
Tech Support
PC Power & Cooling, Inc.
(800) 722-6555
(760) 931-6988 FAX
Email Support@pcpow.com

take a look here
If your gonna sleeve that..its gonna be about 2 feet and youll have change left.
No arguments here man but if your gonna go thru the ordeal for ~18 inches of cable more power to ya. :)
To me that little bit isnt worth the trouble since the leads are not seen from outside of my case.
 
Visable-assassin said:
No arguments here man but if your gonna go thru the ordeal for ~18 inches of cable more power to ya. :)
To me that little bit isnt worth the trouble since the leads are not seen from outside of my case.

What can I say, I'm a neatfreak. BTW that photo is the Deluxe, the Express should have 4 more exposed wire areas due to having 4 more SATA power connectors.
 
ATW said:
What can I say, I'm a neatfreak. BTW that photo is the Deluxe, the Express should have 4 more exposed wire areas due to having 4 more SATA power connectors.


Im a neet freak as well...normally thats why all my drives are powered off of a different harness..I made a hardness that everything plugs into and used 90 degree molex's so no looping wires to be seen
thats why I said 2 feet and youd have change left over :)
I havent looked closely so I cant even begin to think of how youd remove the SATA plugs.
 
Visable-assassin said:
I havent looked closely so I cant even begin to think of how youd remove the SATA plugs.

SATA's are MUCH simpler to remove than molex.
 
Damn, I need one of you guys to come here to California and help me tidy up my case. ;) Especially if I can swing a Coolermaster Stacker fairly soon! :D You guys must have some awesome cases... I'd be a neat freak if I had the ability to sleeve and what not myself.. I'm sure I could learn to do it.. but I'm not into taking apart perfectly good power supplies!!!
 
[QUOTE='96DOHC]Damn, I need one of you guys to come here to California and help me tidy up my case. ;) Especially if I can swing a Coolermaster Stacker fairly soon! :D You guys must have some awesome cases... I'd be a neat freak if I had the ability to sleeve and what not myself.. I'm sure I could learn to do it.. but I'm not into taking apart perfectly good power supplies!!![/QUOTE]


Thats why you buy one pre sleeved so yo udont void yoru warranty :p
I owuldnt consider my case tidy...especially with some of the other ones ive seen...I just try and get the wires the hell outta the way :p
 
As long as the case is closed the wires wont get me. Thats how I rationalize my messy wiring. It doesn't really hurt performance unless you get the wires stuck in a fan lol.
 
BossNoodleKaboodle said:
As long as the case is closed the wires wont get me. Thats how I rationalize my messy wiring. It doesn't really hurt performance unless you get the wires stuck in a fan lol.
in some ways true, but i just didn't realize how many anal retentive people there are in land of [H], including myself. i just like it because if i want to get something out of their i don't have to go crazy moving wires out of the way.
 
I leave my side cover off as an added way of collecting dust and justifying my need to buy cans of compressed air. :D That and it at least vents a little more heat then my closed case!!! Oh, how much is that power supply??? I wonder if I can pass that through the financial planning commity. :D
 
[QUOTE='96DOHC]I leave my side cover off as an added way of collecting dust and justifying my need to buy cans of compressed air. :D That and it at least vents a little more heat then my closed case!!! Oh, how much is that power supply??? I wonder if I can pass that through the financial planning commity. :D[/QUOTE]


After shipping it was like $240 or something I forget.
 
Uggh, that will be hard to get passed the financial planner. :) I might be able to swing a Coolermaster Stacker case though.....
 
[QUOTE='96DOHC]Uggh, that will be hard to get passed the financial planner. :) I might be able to swing a Coolermaster Stacker case though.....[/QUOTE]



I didnt want to fork out over 2 bills on a PSU but I said what the hell and did it...this thing is a tank.
 
hmm pc power and cooling 510 deluxe with an sli rig or a car computer? oo man i can't choose!
 
Qwertyman said:
hmm pc power and cooling 510 deluxe with an sli rig or a car computer? oo man i can't choose!


For me it was a PCP&C 510 or a new match trigger and night sights for my USP .45...well I decided my USP was fine right now :p
 
Back
Top