WOOHOO finaly bought a hd 595!

prophetx2

Limp Gawd
My hd 595 is going to be here soon! I'm so excited, these plantronic usb headphones hurt my ear after a long while and even my cheepo panasonic over the ear headphones sound better!

Too bad i'm going to be using onboard for a while until i find a x-fi platinum for semi cheap =(

whered you get em from, ive been looking at the 555s but they are sold out everywhere

Great. Remember to post your honest firsthand impressions when you get them :]

my buddy has the hd 280's and they sounded AMAZING to me. If they sound anything like them or greater, i'm in for a treat.

I also can't wait until i actually get to game with them. My ears are so sore after an hour, that i'm thinking the hd 595 could sound like total utter crap to me and i'll still like it -=)

Only downside is my source is going to be a built in soundcard from DFI. I hope it sounds semi decent, I plan on listening to several albums this week on my plantronics and then then hopefully next week listen to them on the hd595's.

My first hand impressions of the HD 595's were simply amazing. Although I was very impressionable as they were my first pair of hi-fi cans and the first ones I have ever heard as well. The "best" I heard before these were the HD 477s, which doesn't say a whole lot. You will love these. They look and sound great, but I'm already wanting an even better pair, or maybe a different sounding pair.

so what is driving you too look for another pair?

yes - the 555/595 look delicious

I got my 595s paired up with a platinum for Christmas. I wasn't impressed with the 595's bass initially. After about 40 hours of burn in, they sound much better. The inital bass was very rushed and garbled. Now its more of a civilized bass if I do say so.

Also because of the 595's better mid and highs, I had to turn down the crystallizer and bump up the bass on the EQ. Sounds very good unamped out of a ipod and psp, but I can't listen to anything below 192kbps now.

hek1 said:
so what is driving you too look for another pair?

yes - the 555/595 look delicious

Just want a variet of sound. Don't get me wrong, I still like my 595s, just want something different. You'll learn about this habbit that most audiophiles tend to pick up on.

Yep, you *will* get bit by the bug. I've got a pair of 595s and I'm thinking I might try some grados next, but the Beyer 770 is just calllllling me right now

i'm no where near an audiophile. I've seen the amount of money people put into audio and visual equip, it's pretty sick. My gf's dad is into all that stuff, i think he has some higher end b&w's? Sad when they cost more than my civic that I had at the time...

One drug at a time my friends..

i know the deal. My a900s is sounding a tiny bit too pretty / neat, i'd like a more powerful/raw sound signature, thinking deep bass without distortion. Maybe it's the beyers, i think they come closest but i don't know.

I remember when i had the hd497, i was hooking them up to my onboard CMI 8738 chip, and the sound was sorta bwah, nothing special really. I played a rap tune (high quality mp3) and the bass was not that deep, highs a bit teared up. Then i hooked them directly to the headphone out of my dad's reciever with cd player, listened to the same tune but from the genuine cd. Man what a difference.. the sound came alive, bass deeper - cleaner and more powerful while the highs was rounded like silk to the ears. I want that sound back but i dont want to have all my music on the original CDs and play them like that ;/

still today i wonder if it's possible to get this kind of sound with mp3s at all

Vertigo Acid said:
No, not even 320kbps ones. FLAC for the win

hmm i will do an a/b comparison tomorrow. Still, i think it comes down to my hardware where as the reciever + cd player was superior

prophetx2 said:
my buddy has the hd 280's and they sounded AMAZING to me. If they sound anything like them or greater, i'm in for a treat.

I also can't wait until i actually get to game with them. My ears are so sore after an hour, that i'm thinking the hd 595 could sound like total utter crap to me and i'll still like it -=)

HA! Just you wait! The HD 280pro's do *some* things good, but I find them SOOOOOOOOO dry. Trust me, the HD595's will blow the HD280pro's out of the water.

The comfy velour ear pads are great too. I can't stand the fake leather stuff that gets hot. You will be able to wear your new headphones for hours on end, with nothing but sonic goodness ^_^.

Now, I know you don't have much experience with high end headphones, so I already know what your first impressions will be, but the true test is to give them a month. After a month you will get to know them inside and out. After a month, be sure to write up a review for all us envious people!

~Enjoy them, and keep us posted

I had a pair of HD 570's, but after my doggy surprised me when I was playing CS:S, they were ripped off my head and hit my chairs arm, then fell to the floor. The right phone didn't work afterwards and I have no warranty info - I bought them used from a friend a few years back (almost 4).

I had to cope with my Plantronics USB headset for a few days, but I replaced them with the HD 555's. They're nice, but the cups are not as deep as the 570's. They do sound nicer & almost surround-like and I can really tell where sounds are comming from, moreso than with the other set. They're also so very comfy. I could fall asleep with em on and not know it.

Pooky said:
I had a pair of HD 570's, but after my doggy surprised me when I was playing CS:S, they were ripped off my head and hit my chairs arm, then fell to the floor. The right phone didn't work afterwards and I have no warranty info - I bought them used from a friend a few years back (almost 4).

I had to cope with my Plantronics USB headset for a few days, but I replaced them with the HD 555's. They're nice, but the cups are not as deep as the 570's. They do sound nicer & almost surround-like and I can really tell where sounds are comming from, moreso than with the other set. They're also so very comfy. I could fall asleep with em on and not know it.
Did you throw them away or what?

computergeek22 said:
You know good sound doesn't equate necesarily to good bass always ;)

Unfortunetly 99% of people that think they're listening to high quality sound don't understand that. :(

So i've had them for the past 4 hours. I've already noticed detail in music I haven't noticed before on my plantronics, speakers, and my pmx 60's! The one mp3 in the 5.1 thread is a good example. It was the one that gave positions, with these headphoens i freaking noticed the guy was breathing! I didn't even notice it when using any of my headphones or speakers!

Although there's more detail to certain songs, I think it can definately get better. I'm pretty sure its because my source sucks and I need to break in the headphones. I'm actually breaking in the headphones as we speak, looping > 1000 songs tonight and while i'm at work.

Back