Woodcrest info

NulloModo

Supreme [H]ardness
So, there have been lots of Conroe threads lately, but very little about Woodcrest. Woodcrest is supposed to come out before Conroe, so, technically there should be some pricing/etc released, or to be released soon I would think.

My thoughts on this are, Woodcrest is basically the same as a Conroe EE, but I am thinking some of them might come in under the price of the Conroe EE. Does anyone know of any links to Woodcrest predicted pricing, or motherboard requirements?

NulloModo said:
So, there have been lots of Conroe threads lately, but very little about Woodcrest. Woodcrest is supposed to come out before Conroe, so, technically there should be some pricing/etc released, or to be released soon I would think.

My thoughts on this are, Woodcrest is basically the same as a Conroe EE, but I am thinking some of them might come in under the price of the Conroe EE. Does anyone know of any links to Woodcrest predicted pricing, or motherboard requirements?

Intel is in a bit of a fuss right now.

Dempsey and Blackford should be launched any day now , fun thing is that already vendors are selling Dempsey servers even though the chip and platform hasn't launched.

If Woodcrest appears in june , Dempsey will live for 1 month , since we're already in may . :D

As for its price or motherboard requirments , I expect it to be priced as any Xeon DP , top $850 and going down.RAM price might be a little more since they're using FBDIMMs.

The sweet part is the low voltage 2.4GHz/4MB 1333FSB 40w Woodcrest.That's a monster in a 40w envelope...

Take a look here : http://www.rackmountpro.com/productpage.php?prodid=2641

savantu said:
Intel is in a bit of a fuss right now.

Dempsey and Blackford should be launched any day now , fun thing is that already vendors are selling Dempsey servers even though the chip and platform hasn't launched.

If Woodcrest appears in june , Dempsey will live for 1 month , since we're already in may . :D

As for its price or motherboard requirments , I expect it to be priced as any Xeon DP , top $850 and going down.RAM price might be a little more since they're using FBDIMMs.

The sweet part is the low voltage 2.4GHz/4MB 1333FSB 40w Woodcrest.That's a monster in a 40w envelope...

Take a look here : http://www.rackmountpro.com/productpage.php?prodid=2641

Whoa, that board would be a bit overkill for my needs.

I did a little reading, and it looks like what I would want would be a Gildewell chipset based board, so I would have the PCI-E x16 slot. Hopefully someone will make some scaled down boards (maybe 2 CPU slots and 4 FB-DIMM, 1 PCI x16, several more regular flavors of PCI, integrated SATA, USB, Firewire, Ethernet) and not charge $700 for it. Bonus would be for some basic OCing features (there are Socket 940 boards like this, so why not some for Intel?)

Back