• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

wood refinishing advice needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadowspawn

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Sep 17, 2002
Messages
1,870
I have a writers desk that is a simple clean design that I would like to refinish. Currently it is a brown stain that has a slick finish to it. I don't know if it is just a clear coat over a stain, but I can't feel the grain at all so I assume there is something on it.

I would like to stain it black, but still be able to see some of the grain. It would be a shame to just slap some paint on it. I am handy, but I don't have a lot of experience with this. Can anybody with some experience give me some advice?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top