• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Won't Display Bootup

Stroker

Limp Gawd
Joined
Dec 7, 2005
Messages
166
Anyone have any ideas as to why my HTPC won't display anything until the Vista logon screen while connected through my receiver but will when connected directly to my TV?

I hooked up my new receiver (Pioneer VSX-1019AH-K) 2 days ago and I have my HTPC running audio and video out of the native HDMI port (Radeon HD3200). Everything was going swimmingly until I told my girlfriend to turn off the HTPC and she just pushed the power button on the tower. When I started it back up, it wouldn't display the boot-up and wouldn't output audio. Vista claimed the HDMI audio was "not plugged in", which of course wasn't true. After re-installing drivers and resetting the CMOS and wasting the majority of the day I decided to just reinstall Vista. Audio works now but it still won't post the boot-up while the signal is routed through the receiver. Anyone have a clue as to why?

Thanks in advance!
 
I use DVI on my HTCP and it's connected to my receiver with a DVI to HDMI adapter, so it's a little different setup than yours... but I've read that HDMI doesn't show video until the driver is up and running. This makes sense because your TV and Receiver are both going to want to talk HDCP and I don't think the video card can participate until the driver "tells it how".
 
I get video on my Vizio LCD, with an ATI 4670 running HDMI to a Pioneer VSX-1018 receiver to the Vizio using HDMI. It comes up 4:3, instead of 16:9, until Windows starts and loads the drivers.
 
It is posting the boot-up now but no audio. I had accidentally only installed the chipset drivers on the new installation when I posted this thread and I just now installed video drivers which fixed the boot-up problem but messed up the audio again. I think I will start a new thread for that topic though. Thanks for the input guys!
 
Back
Top