Core 2 Duo E6750
G.SKILL 4GB(2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800
GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS3L LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX Intel Motherboard
SAMSUNG SH-S202G 20X DVD Burner
Seagate 250GB SATA hdd
EVGA 8800GT Superclocked
and a SILVERSTONE ST50EF-Plus ATX 12V 2.2 500W Power Supply
All in an Antec p182

I put it all together, and when I turn it on, the computer starts to turn on, the fans run for a couple of seconds, then they turn off for a couple of seconds, and turn back on, over and over again. Nothing ever is displayed on my monitor, and my DVD drive won't open.

I'd try reseating the ram and resetting the bios (should be a jumper near the battery)

-random related story: My dad complained of the same problem on an older socketA build. I couldn't help since I was away, and I was completely stumped. I felt retarded when he told me tech support had fixed his problem immediately: he'd installed the damn heatsink completely backwards (remember how the old sktA sinks had the 'step' on one side?) this caused the cpu to overheat about 10 seconds after powering on. Thats not your problem though, if its not even posting.

I tried reseatting the ram last night. I didn't have a jumper, so I used a screwdriver to reset it, and now it's working.
Thank you for your time and help; I really appreciate it.

Okay, so I installed XP (finally worked after a couple of tries (errors/random power offs)) and then I installed a couple of the drivers off the gigabyte CD. It shut off on me, and now it keeps shutting down when I try to boot it up. It gets different lengths in the booting up process, but I haven't been able to get logged on since.

Back