Wont boot from CDRom

slaya

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Nov 10, 2002
Messages
1,132
Hey I am trying to boot off WinXP CD, I have set the CDRom as the first boot device in my BIOS and dont know what else to do. When Windows boots up (not off the CD) I can go to the CDRom and everything is fine but it wont boot from CDRom, I evan tryed a different CD (Gentoo) and it wont boot from CDRom, oh and my CDRom drive is being detected from the BIOS.

Specs in sig.

:confused: SlaYa :confused:
 
format your drives! burn your house down!
:p :p :p
joking

do you have more than one cd drive? open your case, make sure your jumpers are set as they should be, connections are all solid and what not.

make sure the cd you are booting form is bootable.
 
Did you check the boot order in bios? Such as:
1st boot floppy
2nd boot cdrom
3rd boot IDE0

Is the CD a copy? It may not be bootable.
 
I just recently had the same problem. My old HP 4x cdrw would not boot my winxp cd and neighter would my 16x creative POS dvd rom. I put in my 52xcdrw and it worked fine...
 
Back
Top