Wonderfull Program for People who have more then one computer a desk

TrinaryOC

n00b
I've found this AWSOME program on sourceforge. It's the perfect match for what i've been using. I have 4 computers that run on my desk. My main rig with dual monitor, my backup rig with dual monitors. My network monitor / network storage rig. and my server with no monitor.
Normaly to controle my network monitoring computer, and server i'd use RAdmin, a remote access program much like a trojen. and my backup rig has it's own keyboard and mouse. now with Synergy I don't have to leave my one keyboard and mouse. you basically set it up like you would a multi monitor system. when my mouse pointer hits the left most edge of my main rigs screen it automatically jump to the next computer over, as if it was part of the same computer. then from there i can move my mouse UP to hit the 7" monitor of my network monitor rig. and it's flawless! took just a few mins to setup and it uses very little bandwith. It's actuially smooth enough to play a FPS with on any of the computers.

Best part yet it works cross-platform... Windows, linux, it makes no diffrence!

Check it out http://synergy2.sourceforge.net/

I've been using synergykm for running synergy on my mac for a while now. It definitely helps when configuring.

I've run into a few minor issues when running synergy (far end would not give me back my mouse without hitting the scroll lock key a few times, etc), but all in all it's a wonderful tool.

Back