Woman Is Live-Tweeting Her Father's Death

This is the truth, we should bring an end to obituaries, names on tombstones, and other forms of public information about the dead. Death and dying should be anonymous.

your either missing the point or just being obtuse.

For most people losing a parent is a very personal thing. if one of my sisters had been doing that shit while my mother was dying in Agony from cancer a few years ago. I would have broken her fucking phone. But they had more damned sense than that.

If this women is the only child, and there are no other family to be offended by this sideshow, fine, obviously the father can't complain as you would know if you had ever watched the final stages of cancer.

I don't get it but it's the world we live in. People should be allowed if able to dictate how they go even if we do not understand it agree with it.

If this is how she grieves who are we to say otherwise? It's not like this will set an example that will turn into a law. The dying wishes of an individual and their family should always be observed if at all possible and within reason.

I really hate those that think they can dictate finality like they own the rights to dying or something absurd like that.

She ain't coping she is exploiting.

You could make that argument but really what does she have to gain from doing this on Twitter? If you ran a business would you like to hire her simply because she got famous tweeting her fathers final moments? I seriously doubt it.

My father spent his last moments with hospice, unfortunately we couldn't get down to see him in time, would i have wanted a live play-by-play? NO. He passed with dignity and grace, that is how it should be imo, but some people deal with death differently.

My pops passed last Thanksgiving; he had rare form of skin cancer with bad odds. I guess I had this misconception somehow that I'd get a chance to visit and talk with him like normal after he died. The reality is much different, obviously, not that I actually expected him to visit me.

She's probably on a lot of pain killers and not thinking clearly--I was anyway, and I certainly wouldn't begin to judge how another person deals with losing their best friend (my dad was definitely mine). I couldn't bare the endless hours of rasping & strained forced breathing as the signals from his brain to keep doing that involuntary thing that was keeping him alive started to fade and I spent the last hours of his life driving around looking for some sort of sign that never appeared. Then I got the call.

. I couldn't bare the endless hours of rasping & strained forced breathing as the signals from his brain to keep doing that involuntary thing that was keeping him alive started to fade and I spent the last hours of his life driving around looking for some sort of sign that never appeared. Then I got the call.

I know what you mean. We had several calls from hospice, and we would rush down to see him and just wait. Its not easy, waiting and wondering if he knew we were there. When he finally passed, we didn't have time to get there. The weird thing is, the recorded time of his death, because my sister has my fathers clock, and it stopped on the exact time.

I simply can't comprehend why people go out of their way to share all this personal shit. Like, people will get engaged and post photos of their significant others for complete strangers. The fuck?

I guess most people would shrivel up and die without feedback and validation from others.

I agree to a certain extent, my Facebook was updated on both engagement and marriage. Many family and friends couldn't make my wedding, or were aware that I wanted to purpose. I enjoyed that being public information. Now death,sickness, financial information and amongst many others, I don't agree with.

A lot of fucked up opinions in here, Let this person grieve in anyway they see fit. If you don't like it then don't read it. This is no different then an account of someones death in a journal or any other written communication.

My pops passed last Thanksgiving; he had rare form of skin cancer with bad odds. I guess I had this misconception somehow that I'd get a chance to visit and talk with him like normal after he died. The reality is much different, obviously, not that I actually expected him to visit me.

She's probably on a lot of pain killers and not thinking clearly--I was anyway, and I certainly wouldn't begin to judge how another person deals with losing their best friend (my dad was definitely mine). I couldn't bare the endless hours of rasping & strained forced breathing as the signals from his brain to keep doing that involuntary thing that was keeping him alive started to fade and I spent the last hours of his life driving around looking for some sort of sign that never appeared. Then I got the call.

Same exact story with my mom a few years ago. She had skin cancer that turned malignent and the last day she was here was the worst,just seeing her gasp for air killed me. Im happy though that my dad,my two sisters and i were in the room though to see her go,at least we were the last people she saw.

I don't see anything wrong with the tweets...a few hours after my parents died...I posted it at Genmay and Dslreports.

your either missing the point or just being obtuse.

For most people losing a parent is a very personal thing. if one of my sisters had been doing that shit while my mother was dying in Agony from cancer a few years ago. I would have broken her fucking phone. But they had more damned sense than that.

If this women is the only child, and there are no other family to be offended by this sideshow, fine, obviously the father can't complain as you would know if you had ever watched the final stages of cancer.
It sounds like you didn't click on any of the links where the woman is posing with her sister and dying father in the hospital room for various twitpics?

everyone there seems to be enjoying themselves given the circumstances:

This isn't even a story. People die, people tweet, this person is tweeting while another person dies. Meanwhile across the internet a lot of people are damning her for reaching out. To anyone who has negative words to say to this woman, sincerely fuck yourself. Grief is grief.

This isn't even a story. People die, people tweet, this person is tweeting while another person dies. Meanwhile across the internet a lot of people are damning her for reaching out. To anyone who has negative words to say to this woman, sincerely fuck yourself. Grief is grief.

Yea, I'm not understanding the outrage.

Seriously, watching a loved one die over the course of a few days is a lot more damaging to your head than say hearing that a loved one died in a car accident. Your mind isn't thinking completely rational during those last few days. Fuck everyone here that says she should be ashamed of herself. I bet most of yall have no idea what shes going through.

'a comedian and finalist on Last Comic Standing'

does she consider the death of her father a skit?...sad what the world has come to

Maybe based on your perception. BUT GET THIS! Some people See things DIFFERENTLY!? I know. It's amazing.

Back