Woman Decapitated in Mexico For Web Posting

You guys thinking its a small article need to take my advice:

It's a FULL article, disable adblocks on just that page and you will have the ability to see the entire article

How did they get rid of all the prohibition gangsters? They ended prohibition. Learn from history.

THIS. We've been down this path.

The "war on drugs" is an epic failure. Now it serves as nothing more than an excuse to pad the budgets of law enforcement via warrantless, conviction-free property seizures. There are entire municipalities whose police budgets are made almost entirely of drug war shakedowns.

We lock up 2% of our population, the vast majority on vicitim free bullshit drug charges.

But I'm sure some pearl clutching sheep will pop up, even here, wailing about "the children" and roll out some scary PBS documentary about meth, which is admittedly an horrible fucking drug. But meth and its horrors and users make up a tiny, infinitesimal portion of the drug war casualties.

whoa here is what they did, these cartels do not PLAY!

((((WARNING: 9/10 gruesomeness factor!!!! , most of it is blurred but you can get the picture)))
You were warned, click this for the picture of the crime

Don't have links but I saw another one where they hacked up two guys. Cut and pulled their faces off and hung them on poles, cuts their hands and genitalia off and put their genitalia in their hands, and hacked up the rest of their bodies.

Yes, legalize drugs so people can not only freely drink and drive, but they can freely blaze and drive, shoot up and drive, etc., since it will be even more accessible.

82485968.jpg

No thanks

Weird. I went straight to the article without being asked to subscribe. I'm using Chrome 14 btw.

Yes, legalize drugs so people can not only freely drink and drive, but they can freely blaze and drive, shoot up and drive, etc., since it will be even more accessible.

Sure, and then they'll legally be able to shoot crack and then murder people! :rolleyes:

Driving intoxicated is a crime. Committing ANY crime is still a crime; legalizing drugs just gets rid of convicting people of a 'pre-crime'.

No, because junkies can't afford cars.

Besides, everything you listed is illegal anyway. It's also something people can freely do now.

Freely blaze and drive? A cigarette is no more safe. Seriously laughable. If its your first few times, either blazing or cig smoking, you get quite a big buzz and you wouldn't be driving anyways. After the first few times with either substance, your typical person can function normally.

No denying alcohol is more than TWICE as mind altering than any high grade of MJ or hash... you can't die or overdose on MJ or hash. Therefor with these 2 obvious facts, if alcohol is legal so should MJ, without any doubt in my mind... anyone who says different is one of the biggest hypocrites on the planet.

I will admit MJ should be used after your brain is fully developed (18+) as i have seen lab tests that show if younger, still developing brains use cannabis, than they usually have a distorted memory. They tested the same types in everything with mice with fully developed brains (adult) and the mice could remember every path it was supposed to remember.

Weird. I went straight to the article without being asked to subscribe. I'm using Chrome 14 btw.

For the 3rd time you guys... it's adblock limiting the full article.

-----Disable your adblock on that articles page, and it will enable you to see the WHOLE THING

For the 3rd time you guys... it's adblock limiting the full article.

-----Disable your adblock on that articles page, and it will enable you to see the WHOLE THING

Quoting the wrong person? I said it works for me. Anyways, I most definitely do not run Adblock and the article shows up just fine for me.

If the human race did find another planet to inhabit, I give it a couple of centuries before it's just as f*&ked up as Earth #1.

We need to wait for some aliens to build an intergalactic bypass so Earth 2.0 can be built.

Quoting the wrong person? I said it works for me. Anyways, I most definitely do not run Adblock and the article shows up just fine for me.

You're not getting what I'm saying... the adblock PREVENTS the entire article showing is what I meant. And by adblock, i really mean noscript for firefox (very popular here). So I was just giving a friendly tip... no h8!

No, because junkies can't afford cars.

Besides, everything you listed is illegal anyway. It's also something people can freely do now.

Junkies can't afford cars, but they can steal them. One such junkie stole my Jeep, and didn't make it past 3 blocks before crashing it, and running away from the police. Of course, the junkie is broke and doesn't have insurance, plus I don't have coverage for theft, so that sucked by the power of 10.

Paid $225 to get the car out of impound, and $75 to get the car towed home. Couldn't drive it since the radiator was punctured. Spent another $500 and replaced the radiator, header panel, and fender myself. Painted it myself. Repaired wiring myself.

Some junkie asshole just cost me $800, and what was he looking for? He was checking for change to steal. You people want to seriously legalize this shit? You're out of your mind. Before you say he was homeless, he wasn't . The cops did find him high out of his mind.

Some junkie asshole just cost me $800, and what was he looking for? He was checking for change to steal. You people want to seriously legalize this shit? You're out of your mind. Before you say he was homeless, he wasn't . The cops did find him high out of his mind.

So...this happened to you even while the drugs were illegal. So it didn't prevent him from getting the drugs, nor stealing your car.

Because the drugs are illegal, it forces people into the black market economy and crime. There are few legitimate sources for people to go to who have issues, because they'll be locked up.

Perhaps, just perhaps, if instead of the billions of dollars that currently go to drug cartels, instead went to US businesses and local gov't via sales taxes, that person could have been in some type of diversion program instead.

Either way, drug prohibition is on year 100 now and no improvement in sight. It's time for something different.

Freely blaze and drive? A cigarette is no more safe. Seriously laughable. If its your first few times, either blazing or cig smoking, you get quite a big buzz and you wouldn't be driving anyways. After the first few times with either substance, your typical person can function normally.
There's a reason for this, your body is building a resistance to it, cause you know it's a harmful chemical.
No denying alcohol is more than TWICE as mind altering than any high grade of MJ or hash... you can't die or overdose on MJ or hash. Therefor with these 2 obvious facts, if alcohol is legal so should MJ, without any doubt in my mind... anyone who says different is one of the biggest hypocrites on the planet.
I'm not an advocate for drinking, but it takes a few bruskees before you're dangerous hammered. There's a lot of thing that take into account before liquor can effect your judgement, such as body weight, consumption of food, and the amount your drank.

Unlike pot where if you take 1 big hit you're smashed. Smoking pot won't kill you, just your brain cells. Then again, I don't care what people do to themselves, it's what they do to others.

I've never heard of Tobacco or Alcohol cartels... just saying.
You havn't heard of them because tobacco and alcohol are legal. When alcohol was illegal there were in fact plenty of alcohol cartels, although they likely weren't called cartels.

I'm of an opinion that legalizing marijuana isn't going to solve anything. The cartels that distribute marijuana would just retool their distribution for processing other illegal drugs, and god knows there's quite a laundry list of them.

You havn't heard of them because tobacco and alcohol are legal. When alcohol was illegal there were in fact plenty of alcohol cartels, although they likely weren't called cartels.

Exactly my point, I'm of the belief that legalizing soft drugs will lower drug related crimes.
I don't see the Netherlands, Switzerland, Portugal complaining about their drug policies.

I'm of an opinion that legalizing marijuana isn't going to solve anything. The cartels that distribute marijuana would just retool their distribution for processing other illegal drugs, and god knows there's quite a laundry list of them.

But the majority of drug users only uses marijuana. Losing that client base should be a major impact to these drug cartels.
That's one less (major) drug people have to die for smuggling over the border.
And one less drug the cartels can profit out of to fund other drug activities.

So...this happened to you even while the drugs were illegal. So it didn't prevent him from getting the drugs, nor stealing your car.

Because the drugs are illegal, it forces people into the black market economy and crime. There are few legitimate sources for people to go to who have issues, because they'll be locked up.
Do you really think if they legalized drugs, that it'll be affordable? He did it because he's broke, and like a lot of people I know, will turn to stealing to get their fix. The fact that it's legal or illegal doesn't change the fact that people need their fix, and will commit crimes to get the money they need.

The government wants to tax it, and it'll likely go sky high in price, like cigarettes. Do people really think drugs would be cheaper if legalized? The price will go up, people still need their fix, and crime and violence will go up.

It's estimated 60% of the cartel's profits come from marijuana. It would make a large impact in and of itself.

Do you really think if they legalized drugs, that it'll be affordable? He did it because he's broke, and like a lot of people I know, will turn to stealing to get their fix. The fact that it's legal or illegal doesn't change the fact that people need their fix, and will commit crimes to get the money they need.

The government wants to tax it, and it'll likely go sky high in price, like cigarettes. Do people really think drugs would be cheaper if legalized? The price will go up, people still need their fix, and crime and violence will go up.

I don't disagree that it will still happen, but I think it will happen less. By legalizing drugs, you then aren't automatically a criminal just by taking them, thus lowering the mental threshold needed for stealing. If I can already go to jail for my habit, what's adding theft to it?

If made legal, legit production could make huge profits, gov't could levy huge taxes, and it would still be cheaper than it is on the street today. Cartels are willing to lose up to 25% of their funds in the money laundering process alone[/b]; then think of all the other costs of smuggling, losses due to seizure, etc and they're still making massive profits. There is plenty of room for prices to drop.

I think you misunderstood the economics of legalizing soft drugs...
No one is looking for discounts, and you are right, it might turn out to be more expensive legal.
By making it legal, users don't need to buy from shady dealers or get arrested and locked up at the tax payers' cost.
By making it legal, the taxes and profit gets funneled back into our economy instead of some warlord/dictator elsewhere.
By making it legal, drug traffickers don't need to murder each other and others around them for control of the region.

Cause he's an idiot, and is not going to win.

He's 3rd in the polls right now and is the only candidate talking about a seriously flawed system like the one being discussed in this thread. Freedom is a whole package. If you don't see it that way people will slowly take away all of it.

How much our freedom and money will government have to take away until people wake up. Real change is scary... but right now we need real change to divert this path to destruction we have brought on ourselves.

By capitulating to drug users, people are willing to hand over their liberty to cater to them by legalizing what they desire most in the face of the truth at hand. Alcohol is a legal substance and yet the horrible devastation it causes surpasses that of illicit narcotics and yet we are told if illicit narcotics are legalized, why the illicit cartel will go away and the drug wars will end? Really?

Ever seen an FDA sting operation that goes after counterfeit legal drugs that are sold on the black market? Ever seen how much legal narcotics you can buy over email and sent to your door on the hopes you are going to get what you pay for? Stop fooling yourselves that legalization/decriminalization is the panacea you are all looking for.

How many gang wars have there been over alcohol since prohibition ended?

I think you misunderstood the economics of legalizing soft drugs...
No one is looking for discounts, and you are right, it might turn out to be more expensive legal.

It will be more expensive because the FDA will require manufacturers to fabricate these substances with FDA approval and oversight, which will add time and costs to market.

By making it legal, users don't need to buy from shady dealers or get arrested and locked up at the tax payers' cost.

That's just bullshit. So the massive Oxycontin outbreaks are because we have an illegal system in place? No. Oxcy is perfectly legal, can be obtained in a perfectly legal manner from a prescription or if you can get that, you can go into the streets and get it from a shady dealer. What fantasy are you living in?

By making it legal, the taxes and profit gets funneled back into our economy instead of some warlord/dictator elsewhere.

Another fantasy. Go look up what pharma pays in taxes and pockets profits on drugs and medications that cost fractions of a penny to fabricate and then parse those 'profits' out as a function of going back into the economy vs. being used for lobby money to politicians to keep on promoting your need to get high.

By making it legal, drug traffickers don't need to murder each other and others around them for control of the region.

Again, another fantasy. The legal street drug trade is seeing massive amounts of illegal activity on the street level. These scum bags control entire swaths of inner city blocks to ply their 'legal' junk to users. It's a consumer problem, not a supply problem.

If the kind of money went into stopping people from wanting to get high as say, anti-smoking campaigns, you would see a massive shift in generational usage to not want to do them. This kind of ignorance needs to end and you aren't helping it by promoting wishful thinking like this. It's illogical and doesn't solve a thing.

How many gang wars have there been over alcohol since prohibition ended?

What difference does that make? Drug cartels control and produce narcotics because there is a demand, cut the demand and these guys wither away. Legalize it and you are trading one devil for another. Think people, please.

Prohibition gets rid of the small players in the drug business.

Prohibiting drugs does the gangs' job of eliminating the competition for them--all at the taxpayer's expense. The rich gangs get richer and more powerful.

Ending prohibition would take the money (and thus the power) out of the hands of these modern-day mafias.

What difference does that make? Drug cartels control and produce narcotics because there is a demand, cut the demand and these guys wither away. Legalize it and you are trading one devil for another. Think people, please.

Cut the demand? Are your typing your messages out from some type of special education center? People like to get high. Just like prohibition of alcohol, you aren't going to magically eliminate the demand.

More importantly, it's *MY* right to choose what I want to put in my body, not yours. As far as I'm concerned if I want to burn myself out by doing crack, meth, and heroin... well that's my business not yours, as long as I don't hurt someone else by doing it. IE. If I want go home to drink 18 beers a day and die of cirrhosis, that's my prerogative, as long as I don't drive while drunk.

Back