• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Wolfenstein: The New Order

He is right, but what many people fail to grasp when a game is pirated is, they are unable to play multiplayer... These guys are just getting sloppy these days with development.
 
I bought the game on GMG. I said what the hell since I used a 20% off voucher. But the key will not be released until after the game is released. Add the massive download and I won't be playing this on release day.
 
I bought the game on GMG. I said what the hell since I used a 20% off voucher. But the key will not be released until after the game is released. Add the massive download and I won't be playing this on release day.

Not necessarily. It always says that key will be available on release day, but they often show up in your GMG account before that. Example I didn't expect my DarkSouls II key until release day because the purchase page stated "when the game is released", but lo and behold the key showed up in my account a week prior to the game's release. And I never got a notification email or anything, so definitely check your account every day.
 
Not necessarily. It always says that key will be available on release day, but they often show up in your GMG account before that. Example I didn't expect my DarkSouls II key until release day because the purchase page stated "when the game is released", but lo and behold the key showed up in my account a week prior to the game's release. And I never got a notification email or anything, so definitely check your account every day.

Thanks! I'll keep checking once an hour and hopefully I'll see a key soon.
 
He is right, but what many people fail to grasp when a game is pirated is, they are unable to play multiplayer... These guys are just getting sloppy these days with development.

You know this game doesn't have multiplayer right?
 
At least the download speed is solid. Looking like 45 minutes for the download, hopefully the final unlocking process won't be ridiculous.

Also, I'm cracking up because someone on the Steam forum bought a key from one of those cheap key sites and it's supposedly a German key. Wah wahhhh.
 
At least the download speed is solid. Looking like 45 minutes for the download, hopefully the final unlocking process won't be ridiculous.

Also, I'm cracking up because someone on the Steam forum bought a key from one of those cheap key sites and it's supposedly a German key. Wah wahhhh.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha! Bet he or she is mad as fuck!
 
Let us know how the game is. I loved Wolfenstein way back in the day. After watching the videos, I'm scared to buy it. ;)
 
I found a review that was posted early. The author gave it a 8/10, but I've never read this site before, so I'm taking it with a grain of salt.
 
My GMG key just came in, the game is a 40gig d/l

According to that link there was also a 7GB patch on top of that supposedly. I'm glad we have better Internet DL speeds now. With my first pc they had just went to 1440 baud modems on the phone lines LOL. :D
 
Well it looks like that upgrade to 100meg is gonna come in handy.....

10 gig down 1 hour to go.
 
I'm glad there's no shoehorned multiplayer. I am happy to drop $ on a strong singleplayer-only game.
 
I've just played a little bit so far, expect it to look and perform like RAGE. So far my only issue was crazy white flashing but that was apparently caused by having triple buffer enabled in the NVIDIA Control Panel.

Also, put +set com_skipIntroVideo 1 in your launch options if you don't want to wait through the intro junk. That intro stuff does mask loading times so expect to still wait some to get to the title screen.
 
I've just played a little bit so far, expect it to look and perform like RAGE.

What gave you that impression? I get more of a "Dishonored with guns" vibe than any kind of Rage feel. I'm talking about the engine and mechanics. Did you actually play Rage? It was far more of a mess with all the texture pop-in and everything, and the invisible walls everywhere that drove me nuts. This game is anything but, and so far a lot of fun.
 
I'm glad there's no shoehorned multiplayer. I am happy to drop $ on a strong singleplayer-only game.

I hate shoehorned in MP. The reviews seem to favor this game. Polygon liked it though and I hate Ges with a passion so I'm going to wait..
 
Played about 1 hour so far.

My SLI 6780s can't handle maxed settings. (Depending on what your definition of "handle" is.) I set it to "High" and it seems to run fluidly. It was obvious to me that it was using the Rage engine without me having to look it up. The textures aren't as low res as Rage, and the texture popping is not as bad. The game doesn't look awful, but it's not top tier either. Overall, I've found id tech 5 to be a big letdown.

As far as the gameplay/story goes, I can't say much after having played 1 hour. I'm taking the run-and-gun approach and so far it's been a bit too easy to just mow down all the troops in your path while dual-wielding assault rifles.
 
I just want to throw this out there, although there is no excuse for it but.. the excuse of all those game companies are that games are getting so big so technically complicated and hard to make that a 100% bug free game is technically impossible.

And to rebut this, i would point out wasteland and tides of numenera, two games in developement (wasteland 2 is about to be released) that are incredibly deep (and complicated). And in wastelands 2 case, getting kudos from the early adopters and beta testers.

Sure, these two games aren't FPS's, but for gods sake, FPS's haven't really improved beyond graphically since RTCW:ET (at least IMHO). Yes the graphics have improved, but the gameplay really hasn't.

I'd say that stealth gameplay hasn't really improved much, although the metro series did it very well (and the newer deus ex). But Wolfenstien was never really a stealth game to begin with. It was always a shooter, and it should stay a shooter. Not adverse to stealth mechanics, provided they are done well, but not everyone want's to sneak everywhere.

Meh, whatever. I will be buying the new Wolfenstien as soon as i get back home. And i expect that no matter how dissapointed i am, i will still enjoy it at some level. Even the last one, as shitty as it was, was still fun for at least 2 playthroughs.
 
Not too bad on the reviews.

I really want to play this game just to dual wield sniper rifles.
 

I read that article and had to cringe.....

Now flavor what I am about to say with the fact that I am an R9 290X Crossfire owner,

last time the ID Tech 5 engine was used was Rage.....it took AMD 6 months or more to get Crossfire working.

To read the bugs in this game are worse on AMD GPUs is just shameful.....they learned nothing.

I'll know more tonight when I try and fire this up.:eek:
 
Looks like triple buffering is what causes a few problems with this game. Animations breaking and textures doing funky things. I've also seen some people say that they turned down the shadow buffer and that helped if they were having performance issues.

What gave you that impression? I get more of a "Dishonored with guns" vibe than any kind of Rage feel. I'm talking about the engine and mechanics. Did you actually play Rage? It was far more of a mess with all the texture pop-in and everything, and the invisible walls everywhere that drove me nuts. This game is anything but, and so far a lot of fun.
What I mean is that because it uses the same engine, the graphics look a lot like RAGE's and the physics feel similar. I never really had the bad texture pop problem. The textures in Wolf are slightly better but objects still look a little rough although that's not going to matter since the game itself is supposed to be good.
 
I read that article and had to cringe.....

Now flavor what I am about to say with the fact that I am an R9 290X Crossfire owner,

last time the ID Tech 5 engine was used was Rage.....it took AMD 6 months or more to get Crossfire working.

To read the bugs in this game are worse on AMD GPUs is just shameful.....they learned nothing.

I'll know more tonight when I try and fire this up.:eek:
OpenGL > AMD
 
I read that article and had to cringe.....

Now flavor what I am about to say with the fact that I am an R9 290X Crossfire owner,

last time the ID Tech 5 engine was used was Rage.....it took AMD 6 months or more to get Crossfire working.

To read the bugs in this game are worse on AMD GPUs is just shameful.....they learned nothing.

I'll know more tonight when I try and fire this up.:eek:


I will be there with you tonight with CFX'ed 6970s.... I was worried about that.

I don't want to buy new cards though....
 
Last edited:
Looks ok but art direction seems to lack atmosphere....
Gun animation are awesome looking though....
 
I'll give my 280x a try in the next hour or two and post back.

Alright......I'm waiting to hear.
If you will, also let me know about the giant patch......needed or not?

last but not least....what drivers are you using?

Thanks in advance.:cool:
 
I am using a single GTX 780 and i7-4770. I am not experiencing any performance issues whatsoever. Game is running at constant triple-digit framerates with the highest possible in-game video settings at 1920x1080. NVIDIA OpenGL support FTW :D.
 
EF0oR1G.jpg


I09LQzL.jpg
 
Just looking around:

One of the guys on NeoGaf who has the game and has beaten it:

"Just finished the game .....WOW........can't decide what game was worst fps this generation......Duke Nukem , Colonial Marines or Wolefenstein : New order.
And YES ...THAT BAD IS THIS GAME."

Apparently, a lot of the folks who have it and were posting impressions were really liking it in the first half. But they almost all say it falls completely off the rails in the second half and turns to shit.
 
^^^^^
I am assuming that there is some sort of frame limiter in those results, like V-SYNC or something, to peg the FPS at 60?
 
the game runs fine on my R9-290X

its not very demanding game compared to others. Haven't come across any problems yet, though I've only played an hour or so.
 
Back
Top