• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Wolfenstein is a month away.

zamardii

2[H]4U
Joined
Nov 22, 2004
Messages
3,106
I honestly haven't been watching this game much, but I just saw that it's a month away from release. The last Wolfenstein game I played was Return to Castle Wolfenstein which was awesome and still have it installed. I saw that it was being executive produced by ID and developed by Raven. I can't say that Raven has a bad track record with Soldier of Fortune, SOF2, Quake 4, some okay Star Wars games, and Nexen... but I was curious if anyone else is looking forward to this.

I don't think i'm going to buy it until I play a demo at least, but I hope it can expand and match or do better than RTCF.
 
I'm not too excited really. I used to be a hardcore RTCW and W:ET fan. But once I saw this game, I just instantly became disappointed. They had such a good formula going in to making a good sequel and seems like they just went bat shit crazy with it. I just hope the multiplayer stays with its roots. Class based team play that is completely balanced makes me happeh.
 
I just hope the multiplayer stays with its roots. Class based team play that is completely balanced makes me happeh.

in terms of MP, Enemy Territory: Quake wars is more of the succesor to W:ET, it is quite possible (in my mind) that any MP play in the new game will be more like Doom 3 / Quake 4, fast deathmatching and such..

Anyway, im quite interested in the new wolfenstein game, i'll probably want to play a demo before i consider buying it, but it is one of the more interesting shooters coming soon imho..
 
With so many unaware the game's just weeks from shipping, excitement for it must be at a real yawner level...

A high profile game and a much in demand overdue sequel...I think it's almost eerily quiet.
 
Can't wait to see how good this game is. If they upgraded the graphics and made the multiplayer like the original with more stuff and everything then i'll be getting it. Hopefully a demo comes out before its release.
 
I loved the other Wolfenstiens. I am curious about this one, but hope it doesn't come out like Bioshock in terms of the "magic" attacks... let's hope for the best!
 
Wow I never knew this was coming out either, lol. Huuuge fan of RTCW both SP and MP.

Air Strike smoke 'nades were the greatest thing ever but gib chunks from your buddy being panzerfaust'ed is a close 2nd.
 
in terms of MP, Enemy Territory: Quake wars is more of the succesor to W:ET, it is quite possible (in my mind) that any MP play in the new game will be more like Doom 3 / Quake 4, fast deathmatching and such..

Anyway, im quite interested in the new wolfenstein game, i'll probably want to play a demo before i consider buying it, but it is one of the more interesting shooters coming soon imho..

Agreed...but I'd like to see an updated multiplayer again in the Wolf universe rather than Quake. I miss it. Such a fun game.
 
Its too bad Activision isn't advertising the game at all.
I cant wait for it, Ive loved all of the games so far.
 
Its too bad Activision isn't advertising the game at all.
I cant wait for it, Ive loved all of the games so far.

Is this a surprise at all? Activision hasn't done any good advertising on an id property for a long, long time.
 
Back
Top