Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory

dissonance

Limp Gawd
Man I loved this game. It was a free download too :eek: . Does anyone know if anyone still plays this? I might go ahead and get it installed on this computer. Unfortunately I don't think you can get it to do widescreen but this game was better than most of the new stuff imo, plus it was completely free. :eek:

while I don't play it now I did play it a lot.. tons of fun to be had there.. I'm just waiting on ET2 now..

Syndicated_Death said:
while I don't play it now I did play it a lot.. tons of fun to be had there.. I'm just waiting on ET2 now..

Are they making ET2? I haven't heard anything about it. I can't really get into BF2.

I played it religiously for two years, but quit because it got old. Go figure :p There are lots of good maps out there too.

The next ET is QuakeWars.

yeah they are making an ET2.. from what I read it's supposed to be a continuation of the Quake story (quake 2 that is).. my guess is that it is what ET was supposed to be.. the story was that they were makinga full game but they botched the SP and released the MP for free

Yes Enemy Territory kicks ass.
I played all the time from release up until about a month or two ago when some new games worth playing finally came out. The graphics are not that great anymore but to me, it's better than just about any other team mp game out.
The stock maps get old after a while but there are some really nice custom ones that meet or exceed the original maps. Off the top of my head, Desert Temple ? (By Billy Bob or something) V-2 Rocket Factory, Transmitter, well that's all I can think of but any of the good servers will have them in rotation.
Look for a server called Hamster's House of Fun.
One of the best pub servers out imo.

Not only is there a new version of ET coming based on Quake4, but there is a new RTCW coming.

Blown 89 said:
I don't see what the hype is about either.

The "hype" is/was about that it is an excellent multiplayer game that is completely free. Sure, there are other games out there that may be better in graphics, etc., but the fact that ET is free is what draws attention to it.

for being free its revolutionary and games like bf2 have copied/borrowed from from it..... being able to heal others durring combat..."Need a medic"!

Jawadali said:
The "hype" is/was about that it is an excellent multiplayer game that is completely free. Sure, there are other games out there that may be better in graphics, etc., but the fact that ET is free is what draws attention to it.
Being free doesn't make a terrible game any better.

Blown 89 said:
Being free doesn't make a terrible game any better.

whats so terrible about it? only people I know that hate it only hate it cus they suck at fast paced fps'.

/r _customwidth 1920
/r_customheight 1200
/r_mode -1

Widescreen

Obviously you change the values to whatever resolution you would like to play at.

PRIME1 said:
Not only is there a new version of ET coming based on Quake4, but there is a new RTCW coming.
Do you have a linnk to the rtcw story?

Impu|se said:
Do you have a linnk to the rtcw story?
http://www.idsoftware.com/

If you missed the news from the X05 event in Amsterdam this week, we are extremely excited to announce that the next installment of Wolfenstein is now in development for the Xbox 360 and PC! Wolfenstein is one of the greatest franchises in first-person gaming, and we've turned to our friends at Raven Software to help us create something really special.

This new chapter in the legendary Wolfenstein series delivers players deep behind the enemy lines of a war-torn Germany, where Nazi experiments with technology and the supernatural threaten to turn the tide of World War II. Utilizing a revolutionary new graphics technology targeted specifically at next generation hardware, the new Wolfenstein experience will draw players into a seamless world of unmatched exploration, action, and espionage.

great game and all the blood can be turned off so you can make it a teen rated type game for shool lan setups ...yay

[H]

Back