Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty

Sekiro will be the ultimate challenge!...without question the hardest From Software game...and no co-op or NPC crutches to help the player...you need to really 'git good' ;)

You think so? I felt it was probably the easiest of the bunch, even with the optional bosses. The final boss is a total motherfucker and Genichiro probably shows up too early, but I cruised through most of that game. Thinking about everything in paper/rock/scissors terms made most encounters just a matter of looking for the right button to press.

You think so? I felt it was probably the easiest of the bunch, even with the optional bosses. The final boss is a total motherfucker and Genichiro probably shows up too early, but I cruised through most of that game. Thinking about everything in paper/rock/scissors terms made most encounters just a matter of looking for the right button to press.

in terms of regular enemies and mini-bosses (non-bosses) I think it's the hardest...a lot of parrying but some enemies also have those unblockable (Perilous attacks) and those were tricky...overall the Souls/Bloodborne difficulty is overstated but Sekiro is definitely the real deal- especially in the early areas

Patch 1.06

The biggest addition introduced in patch 1.06 is the new Inner Discipline feature...thanks to this new feature, which can be accessed via the Battle Preparation and Battle Flag menus, it is possible to set a maximum Morale Rank for all missions, essentially allowing players to set a low max rank so as to make a mission more challenging...this is a rather big addition, as the game seems to be much easier than other recent games from Team NINJA...

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1448440/view/5281075423637752153?l=english

Wo Long Fallen Dynasty Update 1.08 Adds DLSS, FSR2 & XeSS Support

Patch 1.08 finally brings support for Nvidia DLSS, AMD FSR2, and Intel XeSS upscaling techniques...the update also adds new features to the game, including the new end-game mission 'Crouching Dragons’ Battle Royale'...in this mode, which will become available after clearing the sub-battlefield 'The Crouching Dragon’s Trial', players will fight several bosses in a series of battles....in addition, this patch adds the Swap Martial Arts function through the Embedment menu at the Blacksmith when choosing a weapon...

https://teamninja-studio.com/wolong/us/update/

On sale on Steam up in the air between this game and Wartales. I want Wartales though because the reviews are better. But I did like the Demo of Wo Long. But Wartales has no controller support and is a really slow game.

One of these day they're going to shock me and I'm going to finally read "Fixed: Players can now remap all control functions to the key/button of their choice"

IMG_20230916_074816396.jpg

Finally got a hard copy I played it a bit game seems pretty fluid I don't know if the PC or PS5 version is better
you can adjust the settings in this game unlike alot of previous generations of games.

Last edited:
1st Boss has me stumped he's hard didn't even get to stage 2 I read people who finished Elden Ring 7 times thought this Boss was too hard. I might look to see if I can online matchmake.

Almost beat the 1st Boss got two critical strikes in him in 2nd stage. I know I can do it just a matter of time spending time in the starting area got me better gear and level ups. 1 st stage is really easy if you deflect his attacks 2nd stage he just does more damage but is enraged.

I guess the 1st Boss is the hardest Boss in the game so I'm taking my time.

When you first get to the 1st Boss your going to have a hard time unless your a Sekrio vet or something levelin up and getting a good sword is a good idea.

Last edited:
But it's not what I would call easy either. I wouldn't recommend this to a casual gamer. It definitely requires fast reflexes and good rhythm.

Crack like reflexes the thing is you ignore the combat and look for fatal attacks or deflect. Deflecting is easy but the combat is still fun.

Wo Long_ Fallen Dynasty_20231004072458.jpg

PS5 screenshot of a blacksmith with a Hammer game looks great on the PS5 on my LG 27" oled at 120hz 1440P I beat the 1st boss today who was 2 stages and this Monkey guy who isn't bad once you get the hammer you can deflect his Crockscrew sprial attack but you need to be lucky. I like this game tons better than Nioh 1 and Nioh 2 the animations are over the top and it's not cemented in pita skill or being stalked with 2-3 guys who just surprise you because you didn't know about them.

Last edited:
Wo Long didn't seem as good as the Nioh games...I don't think it sold all that well either...Team Ninja's next game, Rise of the Ronin also looks way better

Back