wmp54gs drivers for Win7 64bit?

dr.stevil

[H]F Junkie
I'm trying to get this wireless card to work on my PC, but for the life of me can't get it installed properly. Linksys doesn't officially support the card anymore but it appears that you can still get around it by using the chip manufacturers drivers.

I'm not a noob at this sort of thing as it used to be the norm for windows 95/98 era PC's. Windows see's the card as a Broadcom wireless adaptor and gives me 'error code 10 - cannot start device'. I found what I believe to be the proper installer on RALinks website, installed the drivers and manually updated the drivers via DeviceManager and it keeps giving me the error code above (10).

There are a number of different work arounds that I've found on google (some as far back as 07) and nothing has helped. They all give 'error code 10, cannot start device'.

Has anyone been through this recently? Does anyone know the proper current drivers for this? Or has anyone in the community slapped together a complete installer package to simplify the process? I'm stuck home today, sick as a dog, so I figured I'd try and trouble shoot this thing. It would be nice to get it working.

thanks in advance

I had exactly the same card and had issues getting it to work with windows Vista 64. What I ended up doing for that was just installing the XP driver, and that was "good nuff." I have since changed all my desktops to hardwired connections and got rid of that card, so I can't offer much help. What I can suggest though is if you let windows update find the drivers does it come back telling you that it can't find anything or does it say "Best driver already installed for this device"

Back