Wmp12 won't stay maximized

Sesheron

Limp Gawd
Every 5-15m while watching a video file maximized, wmp12 leaves fullscreen and returns to windowed. I have shut off all non-essential processes and the problem still occurs. Any ideas?

Auto-update? Another program taking priority? Incoming IM/MSN/XFire messages? New windows being created?

i've noticed youtube maximized would window when a msn message rang

Open WMP

Go into Options

Player tab

Un-check "Allow Screensaver During Playback"

weird..I have screensaver disabled...but in the greyed out SS box it says 5m...which is how long it takes to minimize the window

if the 5m screen saver timer is still somehow affecting it,....that is weird

weird..I have screensaver disabled...but in the greyed out SS box it says 5m...which is how long it takes to minimize the window

if the 5m screen saver timer is still somehow affecting it,....that is weird
I understand that. If you want to fix the issue, uncheck the box and apply the setting, then restart WMP.

Another fix may be to set the screen saver timeout to a time, say 180 minutes, apply it, then disable the screen saver.

By having the box checked, you gain the benefit of being able to play long duration audio playlist without screensaver/monitor power off interruptions. Unfortunately it causes WMP to lose full screen when it matches screen saver timing. Either fix should work.

Back