.wmf

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Start

Weaksauce
Hello,

I have a receipt in .WMF form here that I would like to edit, but I would rather stay away from photoshopping. When I open this .WMF file it opens in Picture and Fax viewer, it looks like the text and information is written into blocks that could be edited, possibly similiar to Excel?

I was wondering if there is a program that I could edit this .WMF file in?

Thanks!

New Start said:
Hello,

I have a receipt in .WMF form here that I would like to edit, but I would rather stay away from photoshopping. When I open this .WMF file it opens in Picture and Fax viewer, it looks like the text and information is written into blocks that could be edited, possibly similiar to Excel?

I was wondering if there is a program that I could edit this .WMF file in?

Thanks!

WMF is "Windows Meta File"

I believe that Graphics workshop can open (and convert) that format.

Thanks for the speedy reply!

Would it also let me edit the file, as in change and add text?

Adobe Illustrator loves wmf files. They are vector based graphics, so Illustrator is the perfect tool to modify them.

I don't have Illustrator anymore :(

If I can't get it to work by modifying it, is there any receipt program that I could just type the stuff into? Just a simple program to make an official looking invoice from a web order?

New Start said:
If I can't get it to work by modifying it, is there any receipt program that I could just type the stuff into? Just a simple program to make an official looking invoice from a web order?
Hmm... sounds like you might be up to something fishy here.

Got MS Office? Excel has a serviceable invoice template that can be customized. I don't think it's part of the default install, but is on the Office disk.

New Start said:
Fishy how?
You said you wanted to edit a receipt or make one that's "official looking". Why is your original receipt not sufficient? What are you trying to accomplish?

Lethal said:
You said you wanted to edit a receipt or make one that's "official looking". Why is your original receipt not sufficient? What are you trying to accomplish?
This is the software forum. If you'd like to have a discussion like this, make a thread in the general forum and I'll be happy to reply to it there.

New Start said:
This is the software forum. If you'd like to have a discussion like this, make a thread in the general forum and I'll be happy to reply to it there.

If you missed this part.. "[H]ardforum Administrator" Lethal is making sure that this thread complies with the Forum Rules... ;) :D

KodiakStar said:
If you missed this part.. "[H]ardforum Administrator" Lethal is making sure that this thread complies with the Forum Rules... ;) :D
I don't see anything against the rules, do you?

Oh wait, here we go:
(3) No THREAD HIJACKING. Start another thread if you have a different topic.

(4) No THREAD Crapping

So if you guys could follow the rules and keep on topic and quit with the General chat, we'd all appreciate it.

New Start said:
I do know that you are not a subscriber and therefore you cannot post in our General Mayem forum. ;)

New Start said:
So if you guys could follow the rules and keep on topic and quit with the General chat, we'd all appreciate it.
Dude, your 'tude has been duly noted. But since you refused to answer my question and I can think of no legitimate reasons for "doctoring" a receipt, this gets a lock for now. PM me if you wish to explain.

Lethal said:
I do know that you are not a subscriber and therefore you cannot post in our General Mayem forum. ;)

Dude, your 'tude has been duly noted. But since you refused to answer my question and I can think of no legitimate reasons for "doctoring" a receipt, this gets a lock for now. PM me if you wish to explain.
I didn't know I owed anyone here a reason for posting a thread asking about software.

You are overstepping your bounds, the power has gone to your head. Grow up already.

Yes, and "New Start" does sound like you might just be a returning ban, in fact, you share more than a passing similarity with someone banned for the exact same type of stuff... asking for things that don't have a legit purpose.

Lethal said:
Yes, and "New Start" does sound like you might just be a returning ban, in fact, you share more than a passing similarity with someone banned for the exact same type of stuff... asking for things that don't have a legit purpose.
All you've done is dreamt up accusations and crapped this thread with them.

This thread DOES have a legit purpose, that purpose is very clear, to edit a receipt.

You can look at all my other threads where questions were asked without a problem. "New Start" simply means a new start in overclocking after 2 years of laptop use. It's unfortunate that I am forced to explain this to you, that I am treated as guilty until proven innocent to YOU.

However, this is NOT the forum to discuss this crap, as you SHOULD know. If you had a problem you could have PMed me, instead of calling me out as a criminal and a returning ban. What you are doing is unacceptable.

New Start said:
All you've done is dreamt up accusations and crapped this thread with them.

This thread DOES have a legit purpose, that purpose is very clear, to edit a receipt.

You can look at all my other threads where questions were asked without a problem. "New Start" simply means a new start in overclocking after 2 years of laptop use. It's unfortunate that I am forced to explain this to you, that I am treated as guilty until proven innocent to YOU.

However, this is NOT the forum to discuss this crap, as you SHOULD know. If you had a problem you could have PMed me, instead of calling me out as a criminal and a returning ban. What you are doing is unacceptable.
Whoa, there, little buddy. I never called you a criminal or said you actually were a returning ban, only that your account bears certain similarities to someone banned for similar type postings (within the same IP range, no less) who then flamed anyone who asked why.

Again, I see no legit reason to have to "alter" a receipt. I asked, and your responses have not been adequate to convince me you have a legit reason to do so.

Might I remind you that the rules here state:

(24) You must respect forum MODERATORS and ADMINISTRATORS and are bound to follow their directions and instructions

Yeah, keep playing it off. You are wrong and you know it. Everything you have done here, from the thread crapping to the criminal and returning ban accusations, are way out of line.

If you came to me in private like a lady, you might have earned the respect you feel you deserve. But your actions in this thread surely do nothing towards earning respect, and you won't get a single ounce from me just because your title, ESPECIALLY after your unacceptable performance tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back