• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

WMC 64bit Remote

1911Shootist

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Nov 15, 2012
Messages
1,803
Currently I'm set up with my HTPC acting as a home server (really just a central storage location for media & docs), and I've been running 32bit Win7 on it so that my Hauppaugge 2250 remote works well. I found long ago that 64bit Win7 makes the remote hyper sensitive (i.e. 1 normal press = 2+ presses) to the point of the remote being worthless.

Now I am having massive problems trying to get homegroup sharing to work again between my 64bit gaming/workstation desktop & the 32bit HTPC. Was threatening my wife with building a WHS or going NAS, but both are more complex than our needs, so the easiest solution may be go back to 64bit on the HTPC & find a solution to the remote problem.

For those that are running a 64bit version of WMC, what remote are you using?
 
I have a generic "RC6" remote and a Sony USB IR sensor. I also have a Rosewill WMC remote that while it came with it's own USB IR sensor, it works fine with the Sony one already attached.

Have you tried updating the driver package for the Hauppauge card?
 
Only through the Hauppaugge website - no change (but it has been ~6 months since last attempt)
 
Just get another remote then. The Rosewill one, with the sensor, ran me ~$20 (NewEgg), and it uses the built-in WMC remote drivers, so there was no configuration at all - just plug and play.
 
Just get another remote then. The Rosewill one, with the sensor, ran me ~$20 (NewEgg), and it uses the built-in WMC remote drivers, so there was no configuration at all - just plug and play.

yes, this. those hauppauge remotes blow.
 
Back
Top