• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

With no OC the PC doesn't lockup anymore when inserting USB stick ?

Subzerok11

Gawd
Joined
Aug 13, 2014
Messages
550
I've had this problem since 2011 but I lived with it. So every once in a while I'll insert a USB stick and it locks up the PC. By the way it's not the same USB stick either that causes it, it would happen to other sticks I have too. By the way it wouldn't lockup the PC every time but it would lock up the PC at least 1 in 5 times I'd say.

Also problem was happening while I had a 4.5GHz in place but never thought it was causing the problem so I never gave it any thought and just lived with this problem since 2011. So for fun I removed the OC recently and put everything back to stock factory settings. The problem has not returned once in the past few weeks. When I originally OC'ed my CPU I tested with prime and past a 1 hour test. Is it possible that my motherboard is cheap or it just didn't like being OC'ed ? and no this is not a troll topic.
 
Last edited:
Sounds like your memory has never been stable while over clocked.....Could be any number of things with the motherboard and bios settings. I would try lowering the ram speed or timings or it could just be a bad IMC on your cpu. Regardless it is and always has been somehow memory related!
 
I'm going to do the OC from scratch, maybe that will fix it. I was looking at some template settings for my 2500K OC and there are some settings I never touched.
 
Back
Top