With ATT getting ready to add data caps..

Did you check the AT&T support pages? When Comcast implemented their cap they released a usage meter not long after.

I know I'd run over a 150GB cap pretty consistently but I do work from home and watch netflix a lot.

Very curious about this as well.

Looking at the traffic statistics on my 2Wire, an awful lot of traffic has passed by but there's nothing other than Bytes Uploaded and Bytes Downloaded. There's no time frame, there's no listing by device.

Anyone have any idea exactly what the traffic statistic measures?

Similar situation with their DSL service...

I just configured an untangle box, does that (can that) show monthly use? I think I've read it shows like a 7 day average or something, but couldn't find anyone saying you can view monthly totals.

AT&T will have a tool soon to show usage and you'll be given like 3 months of grace period before they bill you for overages.

pfsense will do it, though it's not really based on month per say, more like, last 30 days (and other timings, up to a year), but should still give you an idea. Sorry to hear they'll be doing that. Sucks. :/ Everytime I hear this I cringe, as I know it's just a matter of time till it happens here.

pfsense will do it, though it's not really based on month per say, more like, last 30 days (and other timings, up to a year), but should still give you an idea. Sorry to hear they'll be doing that. Sucks. :/ Everytime I hear this I cringe, as I know it's just a matter of time till it happens here.

Right on. It will break down traffic per download and upload amounts by every 4,16, 48 hours, 1 month and 6 months. There is also an option to view traffic per machine if you need to see who is using the most bandwidth in the house.

Visual:

imkGZU.png

any router with DD-WRT (and probably tomato, cant remember) will do that for you as well.

I participate in a voluntary distributed internet crawling project...it uses a bit of bandwidth :eek: :D

Back