Witcher mods?

Mnx4

[H]ard|Gawd
I know I'm a bit behind the curve with this game, but I picked it up recently. I kept seeing it compared to oblivion, so I figured it had potential for huge mods, but I haven't found any comprehensive resources or mod databases like with oblivion.

Is this game pretty much the best it can get in the vanilla version? Or are there any mods you guys recommend like overhaul mods or texture packs? Anything that's an absolute must?

Thanks

I'm interested in hearing what's out there too. Just beat the game about a week ago.

Compared with Oblivion by who? Doesn't have much in common, except they're both western CRPGs where you play a party of one. That's about it for commonality.

I just kept seeing discussions with titles like "the witcher vs. oblivion," or even both games mentioned in the same RPG suggestion threads, so for some reason I took that to mean it was comparable and highly moddable. I know they're completely different games.

I just kept seeing discussions with titles like "the witcher vs. oblivion," or even both games mentioned in the same RPG suggestion threads, so for some reason I took that to mean it was comparable and highly moddable. I know they're completely different games.

Uhhh....they're nothing alike.

Bump for my first playthrough. Installed the texture mod (honestly not sure if it installed correctly or not it was all in German). Anything else I should be looking out for?

Bump for my first playthrough. Installed the texture mod (honestly not sure if it installed correctly or not it was all in German). Anything else I should be looking out for?

Go to the Steam Forums for Oblivion. Even if you don't have the Steam version they have a great guide for installing mods.

There are a couple of good "wiki's" that I keep pulled up on the comp next to my gaming rig.

well, the enhanced witcher edition came with extra levels and so forth. but there does not appear to be a "community" like for stalker, or maybe there is on on a foreign site.

I was kind of surprised to see that The Witcher 2 will be released in early 2011 - the press is also reporting that the game looks amazing. I thought the first one looked a bit dated myself. This could be a sleeper hit for me. But I hated the combat of the first game - they'll have to fix that.

Back