Witcher 3 benchmarks posted

Are you guys finding 30fps to be a liveable framerate?

I'm writing the final exam for my course at 8am tomorrow, and have the game preloaded and waiting for me to get home. I still have a 670, but I've been trying to figure out if I should bite the bullet on a 970 or wait for the next round and live with low fps for now.

I'm writing the final exam for my course at 8am tomorrow, and have the game preloaded and waiting for me to get home. I still have a 670, but I've been trying to figure out if I should bite the bullet on a 970 or wait for the next round and live with low fps for now.

Absolutely go 970. This game is worth it.

It feels fine to me. Though I'm never one to get all "60FPS or nothing" with games unless it's a racing game, fast paced shooter, fighting game, something along those lines that really requires twitch reflexes. Witcher 3? Eh, 30FPS is fine.

Get a 970. They're great cards, especially at the prices you can find them at these days. Nvidia probably won't have anything in that range out until next year and who knows what the heck AMD has planned for that price point this year.

witcher1.jpg

Trees look rather horrible in that screen. Very 2D like. Is that really ultra?

he needs transparency AA

AF is weird as well, distant textures look very blurry, is it a "driver optimization" ?

It feels fine to me. Though I'm never one to get all "60FPS or nothing" with games unless it's a racing game, fast paced shooter, fighting game, something along those lines that really requires twitch reflexes. Witcher 3? Eh, 30FPS is fine.

Get a 970. They're great cards, especially at the prices you can find them at these days. Nvidia probably won't have anything in that range out until next year and who knows what the heck AMD has planned for that price point this year.

970 would be $400+tax on sale up here in Canuckistan, we didn't get as lucky as you guys with the pricing. With the 980ti coming out soon, and possibly amd cards, I was hoping that 970 prices would drop a bit. Not sure how likely that is to happen?

970 would be $400+tax on sale up here in Canuckistan, we didn't get as lucky as you guys with the pricing. With the 980ti coming out soon, and possibly amd cards, I was hoping that 970 prices would drop a bit. Not sure how likely that is to happen?

Right now it's looking like everything below the 390 and 390X might be rebrands and with the rumors of the price of the 390X being north of $600-700 in the US the rebrands will probably exist in the same price bracket they are in now. Depending on performance the 980ti will probably be priced around the 390X. Unless Nvidia is planning to get crazy competitive with prices I wouldn't be too surprised if prices stayed steady. That said, if you can live with your 670 for now keep an eye on the market through June and see if all these new cards do get announced and how they effect prices. It's entirely possible that both companies will surprise us.

I hope that prices drop. Right now all of the 970's have MIR's to drop their price to $400-430, so I'm not sure if that's a sign of things to come. I remember buying a 9800Pro in 2004 for $300, and a few weeks later the 6800/X800 series came out, so I don't want to get stuck with that again!

On a related note, I crushed my final today (99% in course, 94% on final), so now I get to play the game! :D

Back