Witcher 2 360 version

Derangel

Fully [H]
Got my copy of Witcher 2 in the mail today and played a bit so far. CDP Red so far seems to have done a very good job. The game looks great on the 360 and the controls have translated over perfectly. There is some fairly obvious pop-in, but they do recommend installing the game to your hard drive but I only have 4GB 360 so I can't do that.

One thing to note: Easy is very easy, so keep that in mind if you want a little challenge.

to me the controls are a bit of a mess on the pc - is it more streamlined on the 360?

Yup, even the PC version was clearly focused on using a gamepad. The menus are a little weird no matter what you're using, but the gameplay is pretty slick with a pad. It's kind of a mix between Elder Scrolls and Ninja Gaiden (seriously).

CDP is a sucky company. They're too pussy to bring the game to PS3.

No, it's that they are new to the console market. Plus, migrating from PC to 360 is fairly easy. The company only ships quality games so they are not going to force something they are not ready for. They will eventually ship games on PS3 since it sells better in Europe (where CDP is from) and Japan.

Maybe you should buy a 360 and stop whining about it. You complained in the Trials Evolution thread too about not having it on the PS3. I'm not saying you made a bad decision since I own both consoles, but clearly there 360 has games you want to play.

Just picked this up for a friend to show my support. 2nd game was definitely designed with consoles in mind so I hope it works out.

The game play wells on a gamepad but I was a big fan of the PC controls, feels very tactical for a game like this. I seem to be the minority though :(.

105211_o.gif

CDPR is one of the best developers there is today period. Even if you hate TW you have to admit that, in terms of respecting their audience, CDPR is in a league of it's own.

Back