Witch of these 3 would you recomend?

Wow thats old school. Time for an upgrade man. But if you wanna stick with PCI (when I thought you meant PCIe :p since I was expecting PCIe cards) Id prob go with either the Diamond or BFG. The Chaintech is slower and older core compared to the BFG.

get the middle one, the fx5500, it has the best specs, and they are all so similar in price, you may as well get the best one, which is that 5500. and also, you might as well get the 256mb of vram, it will help, maybe not tons, but more is always better.

Having more ram on a card like that doesn't help, it makes it worse. They put more memory on there but it's slower than the stuff you'd get with a 128mb card and sometimes they lower the memory interface to 64bit. The only reason companies put 256mb of ram on cards like this is to get people to pay more because they think "OPMGZ 256>>>128!!!1" but in reality the cards just have a wider profit margin and cash in.

For a pci video card, there is no point to having 256mb of vram. There is not enough bandwidth on the pci bus to take advantage of it. So save your money until you can afford to upgrade to an agp motherboard.

aZn_plyR said:
LOL>.. u want a 256mb card on a PCI bus.... even if u were on an agp bus.. those cards are useless.. with 256mb ram.... try 6800gt or up or x800pro or up to use 256mb ram.. anything less.. stick with 128mb ram...

DO NO PAY EXTRA FOR "MORE" RAM ON THOSE CARDS.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814145055

fx5200 128mb 128 bit memory interface..

thanks man, that card is defenatelly within reason, now if i could find a 128 5700 pciwith similar or better specs....... :D

EDIT: found it!
so what do ya think, the 5200 or the 5700 ?

XxMe_LoCoxX said:
thanks man, that card is defenatelly within reason, now if i could find a 128 5700 pciwith similar or better specs....... :D

EDIT: found it!
so what do ya think, the 5200 or the 5700 ?

Hmm. Tough call because the 5200 is 128bit memory and the 5700LE is 64bit memory. I'd go out on a limb and say go with the 5200.

Indeed of wasting money on that.... Upgrade yourself to something nice :p

ugh the 5200 is still better... same core I am guessing but the 5700 has higher mem speeds but 64 bit.... my lil bro's mem overclocks over 75mhz from stock 330... 5200 is the way to go..

XxMe_LoCoxX, what do you want to do with this card, and what do you have now? If you are using integrated graphics, some of those are now better than the cards you are looking at. Most are worse, but give some info. As V99 implied, you may be better off saving for a motherboard/vid card upgrade so that you can get at least AGP.

I would recommend something more along the lines of a 6200TC

Probably around the same performance about the same price, and all the new features.

Edit: evil dirty wording, Never mind its a 64MB card (not that it should matter a whole lot). Never Mind...... Whats they prices on a 6600LE.

Found one Evga 6600LE 128MB

Its roughly the same price (extra $10) has a lifetime warranty, and will completely destroy any of those three options. Doesn't matter that it only has 128MB (hell my 7800GTX is 8 times as fast as any of these and it only has 256MB) no way any of these would be played at a res that require 256MB anyways.

Topweasel said:
I would recommend something more along the lines of a 6200TC

Probably around the same performance about the same price, and all the new features.

That card is PCI-E, not PCI:
"PCI Express x16 Video Card"
The OP is asking for a PCI card ;)

Terra said:
That card is PCI-E, not PCI:
"PCI Express x16 Video Card"
The OP is asking for a PCI card ;)
Damnit Need to read things more carefully and a oay a little more attention, I read all of that and went to each link never noticeing the PCI part. OP I would look more towards a new mobo, maybe one with Integrated graphics that you can add a AGP or PCI-E chip into later. I really have a hard time believing that a video card wouldn't need more then 133MB/s to the rest of the system.

LabRat said:
XxMe_LoCoxX, what do you want to do with this card, and what do you have now? If you are using integrated graphics, some of those are now better than the cards you are looking at. Most are worse, but give some info. As V99 implied, you may be better off saving for a motherboard/vid card upgrade so that you can get at least AGP.
Yeah, what are your system specs and what will you be doing with the new card, LoCo?

You need to learn the difference between witch and which. That is first. All this video card talk can come after.

Oh for crying out...

Are buying a PC or a pet rock?

If the latter than don't waste your money on that and go find a nice piece of granite in the park. It'll work better.

If the former than don't waste you money on that and go find a nice piece of granite in tha park. It'll work better. ;)

May I suggest a 6800 GT?

@ Seizure Explosion - Useless comment is not going to help the op.
@Me_LoCox
Maybe its time that you saved up some cash and bought a dell.
You can pick up a complete DELL computer for 500 bucks.

You need to get updated big time.

I don't know how you are able to enjoy the current games with a system like that.

Do the right thing and save a few hundred bucks and buy a dell, you wont find a better deal on the net for a started computer.

Majin said:
@ Seizure Explosion - Useless comment is not going to help the op.
@Me_LoCox
Maybe its time that you saved up some cash and bought a dell.
You can pick up a complete DELL computer for 500 bucks.

You need to get updated big time.

I don't know how you are able to enjoy the current games with a system like that.

Do the right thing and save a few hundred bucks and buy a dell, you wont find a better deal on the net for a started computer.
And keep an eye on the Hot Deals forum. Sometimes there are excellent deals posted for systems that aren't so.... proprietary.

Back