wirless

i need help i cant get my wirless to work on one of my computers it says im connected but it wont let me on the net. its a windows 98 machine. and the main computer work that the connection runs off because i got another computer working so i know the thing works but for some reason this computer wont work. it says im on but it wont load the internet any sugestions. i know that post may be hard to read sorry im alittle pissed right now.

Are you using WEP, if so enter the Hexidecimal password into the WIN 98 box. You might be trying to use the ASCII code and it doesn't want it that way.......I spent 2 long days with that oversight.

yes i know the code it is 26 os but were do i put that in i know on my other computer it asked for network user name and i put it then network key were can i find that on a 98 machine this is linksus wirless

Use the linksys client utility on a 9X/ME machine, not a windows function/config tab.

You had to load some driver software for the wireless device that is connected to your computer. Win 98 is not really savvy about wireless so you are going to have to launch the wireless device software, it should then ask you for you SSID and your wep pass phrase.

Back