Wiretap Theater [complete]

Nice setup, question.

Was the false ceiling there prior to this project, if not how much did it set you back to have it done?

Here's the basement prior to the install..
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a1/wiretap25/Basement/pano.jpg

There was the wooden ceiling which is just the supports for the floor above. I don't know how much it would cost to do separate. Everything was calculated into our construction costs, so I didn't break it down to look. If you are thinking about having it done, get an estimate, or go to home depot to price it out.

Thanks for the pic, I'll have to swing by my local contractor's office and see if this can be done in our basement

Where did you get that ceiling mount for your projector. Does it connect to the drop ceiling supports?

Got a mini-fridge for the adjacent room. I'm going to probably add a little table in there with a microwave too. I just need to make it up to IKEA one of these weekends.

Here's the mini-fridge. I picked it up from Sam's Club for $170. It is the Haier 125 Can Beverage Center. The glass door is pretty cool. I was thinking about putting some cathodes inside. lol.

IMG_3926.jpg

Sherwin Williams 7601 Dockside Blue.

Sorry for the late reply. lol. :p

absolutely amazing...

i am really jealous, i hope you have a profession where you have some good downtime to enjoy that room....

great job man

pfft.. Samual Adam's and Guinness are the best... along with that Leinenkugel Berry Weiss over there on the right. :p

Nice mini fridge. Been thinking about picking one of those up to keep some drinks cold up here in my room :D

Do they have a smaller version? That one is a little overkill for just me.

Whats next? Snack/candy/popcorn counter? Haha!

I'm sure you can find a smaller mini-fridge like that with the glass front, but I haven't seen them in stores. A good place to look just by doing a quick google search is here, http://www.beveragefactory.com/refrigeration/beverage/bevcen_glassdoor/index.shtml although I've never ordered from there. I noticed they have some smaller ones.

But what is next.. =) I'm currently putting up some movie posters in the adjacent room. I'll have pictures when I'm done putting them up. I want to do a small snack center, but I am trying to find the right size table/counter that will go above the mini fridge. I've made some trips back and forth to Ikea, but I haven't found anything that has impressed me yet.

This is definitely one of the nicer home theater rooms I've seen -- really nice work!

Only one suggestion comes to mind: what do you think about elevating the rear seats? Maybe I'm misjudging the angles, but it looks like people in rear seats could have a tough time seeing the screen.

They look like nice comfortable chairs though - with drink holders and everything! I want to come over to your place and free-load!!!

Seriously, congratulations on your impressive home theater :)

Thanks. Your question was answered on the first page. But this summer I may build a box to elevate the rear row about 6 inches to somewhat more complete the theater look.

Killer theater.

I've used the same board in 5 builds for customers. M2A-VM forever!

Thanks. Your question was answered on the first page. But this summer I may build a box to elevate the rear row about 6 inches to somewhat more complete the theater look.
Oops - I'm lazy and I "skim/skip" too much sometimes :p

6 inches sounds about right - just a little elevation would go a long way. Even if people in the back can already see OK (which is surprising to be honest, based on looking at the pics!), the elevation in the back seats would be another nice touch, to make the room even a bit more impressive than it is.

I have connections at a local movie theater, lol. I usually get new posters every 2 weeks. They're the authentic double sided posters that go in the light up display cases.

Yes, they carry some good ones. The size of the ones I have are 40x27 (inches).

Back