Wires

Thunder

Weaksauce
Whats the best way to go about rewiring a power supply and fans etc? Id assume it would be cut and splice with new connectors? Im just used to car audio, in which when you cut a wire, you solder it and either wrap it or heat shrink it. I have just a ton of fans with molex connectors and piggybacking them gets horrid looking. What do you all do? Ive been looking for a connector solution, i dont see why youd have to use molex, and links are greatly appreaciated, thanks,
John

Thunder said:
Whats the best way to go about rewiring a power supply and fans etc? Id assume it would be cut and splice with new connectors? Im just used to car audio, in which when you cut a wire, you solder it and either wrap it or heat shrink it. I have just a ton of fans with molex connectors and piggybacking them gets horrid looking. What do you all do? Ive been looking for a connector solution, i dont see why youd have to use molex, and links are greatly appreaciated, thanks,
John

WOAH, hold up!
Spare your self the hassle, go to "The Source" or some other computer store and buy a Molex remover, if you want to add new coloued Molex connecters, this is the way to go about it.
Sleaving the PSU wires, get the Molex remover, trust me, saves alot of trouble!

P.S. why not make a power block for all the fans?

Oh, dont get me wrong I have the molex remover, but that wont allow me to actually shorten wires. I want to actually make the wires shorter. I have a fan bus, but its getting the wires there, some need to be longers, and some are to long, and some just have molex connectors, not the small 3 pin. Thanks for input everyone,
John

cut, splice, solder, heatshrink....never fails for me...
well there was that on fan i was testing....dam...that was a bright ass light..then smoke..hehe

You shouldn't have any problems cutting and shortening wires, do it the same way you would speakers.

Just make sure that each set of wires is the same length, otherwise the electricity won't be in sync and it could cause crashes. ;)

/joking about the last part.

Socket7 said:
You shouldn't have any problems cutting and shortening wires, do it the same way you would speakers.

Just make sure that each set of wires is the same length, otherwise the electricity won't be in sync and it could cause crashes. ;)

/joking about the last part.

that gave me a good giggle...i wonder how many people would beleive it
:D

But I solder and tape speaker wires, and thats doesnt look too good, in a car its behind a panel, also some of the fans are running molex connectors, completly unneccesary and ugly if you ask me,

darknite said:
cut, splice, solder, heatshrink....never fails for me...
well there was that on fan i was testing....dam...that was a bright ass light..then smoke..hehe
I never thought of heatshrinking, and I even have a heat gun, I dont know why that thought never crossed my mind, Im gonna go pick some up.

Back