wirelss net out of state?

Julius

Limp Gawd
Hey Im a newbie to the whole networking field, but I have a laptop which I plan on taking out of town in the next month or so but is it impossible to have your wireless internet on your laptop while you are traveling the road for an example traveling a bus to state to state? If can someone please post links or teach this newbie how to do so lol?

thanks much appreciated

You MAY be able to if you have a cellphone to link up with. Even then, you'll hit areas that will likely kill your signal, or you'll travel out of the working area of the cellphone carrier.

Besides the cellphone and the few areas in the US that offer wireless networks I would say no...You could get lucky and maybe while sitting at a gas station find a wireless network available in your area that isn't secure and connect through it. Other than that you are out of luck.

Originally posted by fusionrs
Besides the cellphone and the few areas in the US that offer wireless networks I would say no...You could get lucky and maybe while sitting at a gas station find a wireless network available in your area that isn't secure and connect through it. Other than that you are out of luck.

In other words, no LEGAL options either. :rolleyes:

ok cool what if my hotel offers internet could I connect to their internet thru my computer wirelessly ?

Probably not. Most hotels just have wired networks. At least the ones I have been in. If you have a decent laptop I'm sure it has a built in nic.

Back