Wireless / Wired Network Issue

Kroz

2[H]4U
Hello;

OK here is the issue. I have a HighSpeed DSL internet connection and it is connected to a broadband router. The router has no wired connections, only Wireless connections. Basically I cannot connect an RJ45 cable to it other than the one that goes to the DSL Modem. My home computer and my Laptop both connect wirelessly to the broadband router with ease but my wife's computer does not have a wireless card.

So I dug out an old DLink 10/100 switch and have connected her computer to my computer in hopes of using internet connection sharing on my computer to get her's online. But that is where the problem lies. As soon as I plug a network cable into my computer it desides that the wired connection is the ONLY connection good enough for an internet connection and no matter what I do it will not use the wireless connection to access the intenet.

How exactly do I tell MY computer which connection to use for the internet and which to use for the internal network? I know that it would just be easier to get a wireless network card for her computer but i am stubborn and have never before given in to what is easy...

Any info would be appricated.

Kroz

Wait, under the advance tab of my wireless network connection I dont even have the option of sharing that internet connection??? But its there under the Local Area Connection.... I am confused!

Back