Wireless video card!

This card made me laugh at how stupid it is. You'd think when the engineers ended up with FIVE antennas that they would have thought "I don't think wireless technology is ready yet."

This card made me laugh at how stupid it is. You'd think when the engineers ended up with FIVE antennas that they would have thought "I don't think wireless technology is ready yet."

if it works, people will buy it, thats how companies make money, if they wait until it only takes two antennas everybody else will be selling it too.....engineers dont really care what the end consumer thinks about a product, thats marketing's job

Yea... the 5 antenna's are there for a reason. It helps to cope with interference and keep the data stream steady.

Its actually quite a brilliant design considering it can penetrate walls and still retain its full 3Gbps bandwidth speed with a less than 1 ms latency.

Why would it matter if it had 10 antenna's to deal with? Once you install it I really doubt you'll be spending lots of time staring at the back end of it for no reason at all...

Yea... the 5 antenna's are there for a reason. It helps to cope with interference and keep the data stream steady.

Its actually quite a brilliant design considering it can penetrate walls and still retain its full 3Gbps bandwidth speed with a less than 1 ms latency.

Why would it matter if it had 10 antenna's to deal with? Once you install it I really doubt you'll be spending lots of time staring at the back end of it for no reason at all...
Why would it matter if it had a cable? Once you install it, I really doubt you'll be spending lots of time staring at the back end of it for no reason at all...

EDIT:
I have no problem with a wireless video card BTW, this card is just stupid. I wouldn't call it a brilliant design considering it has five antennas right next to each other on the same frequency. Its not even dual band, just 5GHz. It is stupid.

Last edited:
Why would it matter if it had a cable? Once you install it, I really doubt you'll be spending lots of time staring at the back end of it for no reason at all...

Good job missing the entire point of a wireless card.

Sarcasm fail there bud.

Why exactly do you have such a big problem with the card? You love having extra wires to deal with? You wouldn't enjoy having more things wireless?

From what you've said so far you simply came in to make fun of it and slam the concept.

To those talking about sli, am I missing something? I see no way to connect this card to another one.

You can read my edit.

Wow .. your edit seriously didn't help your case of "thats just stupid".

Not sure why you have such a problem the antennas and you fail to understand how the card is using the 5Ghz band.

I see continuing a conversation with you is pointless as you can't seem to grasp the reasoning.

WHDI's own documentation states that 1080p60 (the highest WHDI can currently do) requires two antennas, but this one has five supposedly to help keep it reliable. But that's just it, they had to add three more antennas just to make it work right, supposing it even ends up being reliable in the real world. Wireless technology is NOT ready yet and all this card does is prove my point. If you want to be impressed by a beta design, go ahead, but the card is still stupid.

WHDI's own documentation states that 1080p60 (the highest WHDI can currently do) requires two antennas, but this one has five supposedly to help keep it reliable. But that's just it, they had to add three more antennas just to make it work right, supposing it even ends up being reliable in the real world. Wireless technology is NOT ready yet and all this card does is prove my point. If you want to be impressed by a beta design, go ahead, but the card is still stupid.

well if it works who the fuck cares how many antennas it has or what you think about the design?

well if it works who the fuck cares how many antennas it has or what you think about the design?

Don't bother dude , his argument is completely ridiculous.

Because it has 5 antennas to keep the signal strong and stable then it must not work right or at all. Galaxy just loves to invest millions of dollars in unproven technology in the hopes that maybe a few thousand people will try it out for novelty reasons because wasting money is just the number one thing to do when you work at Galaxy. Promotions await those willing to take those moronic steps backwards at Galaxy... yep that must be it.

Lets not mention that taking the first steps in any technology requires a few brave pioneers willing to see if it can be used in the real world and thus become a proven and exciting change to the cable clutter were all use to.

He probably also thinks that replacing the old BIOS interface used for decades in motherboards with the recently released new interface in Sandy Bridge motherboards with UEFI is insane because it uses a high quality GUI and allows mouse control :rolleyes:

Its seriously one of the weakest arguments I've ever heard for a new type of interface ... because it "looks stupid" and uses extra antenna's.

Don't bother dude , his argument is completely ridiculous.

Because it has 5 antennas to keep the signal strong and stable then it must not work right or at all. Galaxy just loves to invest millions of dollars in unproven technology in the hopes that maybe a few thousand people will try it out for novelty reasons because wasting money is just the number one thing to do when you work at Galaxy. Promotions await those willing to take those moronic steps backwards at Galaxy... yep that must be it.

Lets not mention that taking the first steps in any technology requires a few brave pioneers willing to see if it can be used in the real world and thus become a proven and exciting change to the cable clutter were all use to.

He probably also thinks that replacing the old BIOS interface used for decades in motherboards with the recently released new interface in Sandy Bridge motherboards with UEFI is insane because it uses a high quality GUI and allows mouse control :rolleyes:

Its seriously one of the weakest arguments I've ever heard for a new type of interface ... because it "looks stupid" and uses extra antenna's.

i do R&D work in an Engineering facility, it has nothing to do with computer hardware or wireless technology, but i can appreciate the value of function over form within limits as long as it works properly ;)

I think its a really cool concept they made a wireless video card. However I don't think its worth the extra $$$ even if I could afford it. I'll stick to using a DVI cable for my monitors :cool:.

I think its a really cool concept they made a wireless video card. However I don't think its worth the extra $$$ even if I could afford it. I'll stick to using a DVI cable for my monitors :cool:.

It is cost prohibitive for now but thats the price you pay to be an early adopter of technology.

Something like this could be more viable in a year or so.

I'm very curious to see how well it works , debating if I should charge my credit card and just try it out for shits and giggles.

"Screw RJ45, I still use RJ11 who needs all the extra wires, I mean I could fit 3 RJ11 signals in the space of a single RJ45."

That's how I took that dude's argument.

they should make new standards regarding wireless, because soon everyone will be using if not already wireless speakers, internet, keyboard, mouse and now video card, and maybe later power supply (I wish). There will be no wires at all outside of the case. Maybe inside too if we are ever so lucky.

I don't really see the need to not have wires inside a PC case. The development/cost/potential issues vs. benefits tradeoff simply doesn't work. As awesome as wireless power would be, it had best be more reliable than anything else we've had wireless so far.

they should make new standards regarding wireless, because soon everyone will be using if not already wireless speakers, internet, keyboard, mouse and now video card, and maybe later power supply (I wish). There will be no wires at all outside of the case. Maybe inside too if we are ever so lucky.

wireless power :eek::confused:

screw wireless power, let's talk about just power, all you do is add components on case and it's good to go. i would like to just add to cart on newegg/amezone and make it work, but it might not come till i'm alive and possibilities are slim even after i'm dead.

Well PC Perspective found the wireless experience of the card near completely flawless. Very impressed with the review they did.

Can't wait for it to get cheaper.

Back