Wireless to Wired

dave_borg98

Limp Gawd
Is there anything out there that will take a wireless signal, ie. Hotel Internet, and convert it to a wired connection? There reason being, is that I have an IP phone from my work and it requires a wired connection. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks,

dave_borg98 said:
Is there anything out there that will take a wireless signal, ie. Hotel Internet, and convert it to a wired connection? There reason being, is that I have an IP phone from my work and it requires a wired connection. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks,

You can get a wireless bridge to do this, problem being that they are kinda expensive, My company just became a reseller for a company that has one for about 60 bucks.

drop me a PM and ill get you a link to the product you want.

You could also use a laptop's wireless connection and then bridge it to the wired ethernet connection and use a cross over cable to go into the phone. < this is what i do for the exact situation that you are proposing.

airport express is alot more expensive than a bridge last time i checked (few months ago)

the bridge that my company sells is about 60-70 bucks with shipping i think.

get an old wrt54g and put some aftermarket firmware on it and it could act like a wireless bridge with a switch.

That was simple enough. Thanks for the replies. I will drop you a pm as my company will pay for the hardware.

If you carry a laptop with you, and the laptop has wired and wireless interfaces, you could bridge the connections from within Windows. Then use a crossover cable and hook the phone up to the laptop.

You would by chance be referring to Cisco's VOIP solution would you? They have a software phone solution that will use a headset so there would be no need to carry a hardware phone. This is assuming you are taking a laptop with you.

KoZLop said:
get an old wrt54g and put some aftermarket firmware on it and it could act like a wireless bridge with a switch.

I think we have the winner. Make sure that the wrt54g is flashable to act as in bridge mode.

Back